Ortho Care Customer Service Specialist I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Job ID
- Job Locations
More information about this job:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostic has more than 4,200 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
In June 2014, Ortho became an independent organization, sponsored by private equity sponsor The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. Ortho had previously been a part of Johnson & Johnson. Ortho’s independence lends it an agility that helps it compete in the diagnostics space. Ortho is currently the global market leader in immunohematology, and one of the top five global companies in the clinical labs space.
Ortho has a highly accomplished executive leadership team with extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Martin Madaus, who has nearly three decades of experience in the diagnostics and life science industries, and a consistent track record of growing businesses and helping customers deliver fast, accurate diagnostic results to health care professionals and their patients.
The Career Potential:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics is recruiting for a Customer Service Specialist 1 to provide front line customer service to Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. The key activities include order management for internal and external customers (hospitals, distributors, and Field Sales), and supporting customer relationships.
Position will be located in Rochester, NY.
This role has direct interaction with our external customers (hospital, distributor) and internal customers (field sales) on a daily basis. All interactions with our customers are to be handled in a professional, helpful and timely fashion to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and ensuring attention to compliance requirements. Daily activities include:
- Creates, enters and manages customer orders (via phone/fax or e-channels) from internal and/or external customers.
- Responsible for front-line inquiry/service complaint management
- Responds to all queries (e.g. order status, product information, stock availability, company policies, price quotes, claims, requests for documentation, etc.,) from internal and/ or external customers to achieve a “close-loop” resolution process for the customer, limiting the need for the customer to call back numerous times for the same issue. All work done in compliance to department SOPs and SOX.
- Opens an interaction record for a new or existing claim (for all claim types) as part of the inquiry and service complaints process
- Follows-up on open inquiries and escalates unresolved calls to appropriate subject matter experts based on SOP.
- Notifies appropriate parties (e.g., CSS’s, customers, Franchises, etc) of process, inquiry updates/changes or service requests as appropriate.
- Reviews order error and order hold reports and takes action based on need as instructed by SOP
- Supports execution of marketing programs developed by Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Conducts recall activities as appropriate
- Updates customer information in order management system as appropriate
- Conduct UAT testing as needed.
- Adheres to quality controls process and service quality guidelines.
- Thinks and communicates cross-functionally to investigate, research and resolve all exceptions and adjustments promptly and accurately including any necessary coordination with other Ortho Clinical Diagnostics departments and all required customer follow-up.
- Perform job duties in a way that meets or exceeds individual performance metrics established by the Customer Service organization in support of exceptional customer experience (e.g. not-ready time, call quality, schedule adherence) and exemplifies the Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Competency model.
- Remain current with and apply internal and operating companies’ policies & procedures.
- Contribute to and promote harmony, growth and teamwork within the Customer Service organization.
- Communications skills (Collaboration & Teaming): effectively uses listening, verbal and written skills to share information and achieve business results in a respectful and professional manner.
- Customer Focus (Results and Performance Driven): understands the needs and expectations of internal and external customers, effectively manages customer requests and complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction, responding promptly and in a positive manner.
- Problem Solving (Sense of Urgency, Intellectual Curiosity, and Prudent Risk Taking): Identifies problems and issues; recommends and implements appropriate solutions. Follows up to assure positive results.
- Planning and Organization (Big Picture Orientation with Attention to Detail): Assumes personal ownership and accountability; prioritizes work appropriately and effectively manages time. Uses available resources and organizes work to ensure commitments are priorities are met. Demonstrates appropriate balance of schedule adherence, quality, effectiveness and customer service.
- Teamwork (Collaboration & Teaming): Builds professional relationships across functions and sites with internal and external partners and collaborates to achieve shared goals.
- Business Acumen (Results and Performance Driven): Understands analyses, applies and interprets business information appropriately to the Customer Service process. Demonstrates an understanding of the organizational structure, its processes, procedures and products to support the customer service organization.
- Flexibility and Innovation (Self-Awareness & Adaptability and Prudent Risk Taking): adapts to change and identifies innovative ways to enhance the way work is done.
- Research/comprehension skills/claims
- Information and Technology (Intellectual Curiosity): Effectively uses job related information technology and tools to achieve results. Thorough working knowledge to utilize the appropriate systems to achieve business requirements.
- Knowledge of Customer Service standards, Operating Company specific products, policies and procedures and all department SOP’s
- Minimum of high school diploma is required. Associate or Bachelor degree is preferred.
- 2 years of professional experience preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, complex Customer Service environment; (Accounts Receivable and/or Collections)
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% domestically.
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.