Orionis Biosciences is a young start-up company focusing on new strategies to combat cancer. The company is part of the Orionis Biosciences Group, with facilities both in Ghent (Technologiepark Zwijnaarde), Belgium and Boston, USA. Largely built on expertise that emerged from the VIB/Ghent University Cytokine Receptor Laboratory (Prof. Jan Tavernier, CTO of the company), Orionis Biosciences develops breakthrough medicines for cancer treatment.
To strengthen our Ghent based R&D team, we are looking for a highly motivated research technician to support our small molecule screening platforms. You will be involved in all the practical aspects of our high-throughput screening pipeline, from assay preparation through screening to hit confirmation and characterization.
Applicants should send their CV and motivation letter describing research interests and relevant experience (in English), as well as any references to Sam Lievens (email@example.com).
- You are a professional bachelor in biochemical, biomedical or biotechnological laboratory techniques, or equivalent
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably
- You are proficient in standard molecular techniques such as PCR and plasmid cloning as well as cell culture methods; experience with small molecule screening, robotics or automation is a plus
- You are meticulous and detail-oriented, well organized and you can work independently
- You can accurately plan and document your work
- You are a team player, with a great sense of responsibility and you are eager to expand your skills
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- An engaging environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A full-time contract with competitive compensation and benefits package, including personal development opportunities.
Find a Job Find Candidates