Orionis Biosciences: Research Scientist
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
To strengthen our Ghent based R&D team, we are looking for a highly motivated research scientist to support our small molecule screening platforms. You will be involved in the management of our high-throughput screening pipeline, supervising a small team of research technicians and applying your hands-on experience where relevant. You will coordinate screening projects from assay setup and validation through screening up to hit confirmation and characterization. Planning, monitoring, troubleshooting, quality control, data analysis and reporting will be important aspects of your daily work.
- You have a Master or PhD degree in life sciences (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bioscience Engineering)
- You have a strong interest in drug discovery and development
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience; experience in small molecule drug discovery industry is a plus
- You are proficient in standard molecular techniques such as PCR and plasmid cloning as well as cell culture methods; experience with small molecule screening, robotics or automation is a plus
- You are meticulous and detail-oriented, well organized and you can work independently
- You have excellent communication skills and you have experience in coaching and supervising technical staff
- You are a team player, self-motivated, with a great sense of responsibility and you have a flexible attitude
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- An engaging environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A full-time contract with competitive compensation and benefits package, including personal development opportunities.