Organizational Readiness Lead – HR Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Organizational Readiness Specialist reports directly to the Americas HRSD Program &Transition Lead and is responsible for the change management of transitions by business process to the region, sub-region and country level; working closely with key stakeholders within Business HR, HR Centers of Excellence (CoEs), the HR Service Center at a country, sub-region, region and global level and contributing to the broader success of the Client Relationship Management team in delivering against the ongoing HR Operations agenda.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing, developing and maintaining the organizational readiness plans needed for the successful transition of services from Business HR to HR Operations/ HR Service Center resources
- Partnering with HR teams (at both country and regional level) to drive the change with appropriate communications and training plans as well as resources to prepare key stakeholders and customers successfully for the new ways of working
- Build and maintain a strong network of contacts across the region and globally to be able to maintain an accurate picture of the change landscape to inform organizational readiness planning across the region.
- Applying knowledge of internal/external business challenges to provide input into recommendations for improvements to products, processes or services, continuing to ensure the adoption of fundamental business drivers within the company.
- Change Planning:
- Anticipate organizational changes that come with large-scale implementations – and the change management and communications interventions which will be needed.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities.
- Continually identify and quantify change impact at a stakeholder level
- Create actionable deliverables to drive organizational readiness across all impacted stakeholders, for example: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan.
- Manage the portfolio and change load in relation to the organization/relevant projects.
- Integrate change management activities into project plans.
- Work closely with Business HR and Client Relationship Management resources to maintain a clear picture as to the change landscape across the region.
- Communication Plans
- Support all communication efforts in relation to change management across the organization.
- Support and engage senior leaders/management teams/relevant stakeholders.
- Develop or guide the development of creative and high quality change management and communications solutions.
- Track and report issues during communications to help prepare for future planning and change efforts.
- Work with the business to develop change management deliverables and on-target messages, so everyone supports the new way of doing business.
- Building a change management and communications approach that involves and engages those impacted by the change and ensuring an appropriate sponsorship from management.
- Use all forms of media (including digital and social) to reach a wide audience.
- Support all training efforts across the organisation as needed.
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists during all transitions.
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness, adapt training as you see fit and to the needs of the organisation.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing the implementation and execution of change management training activities to achieve the defined scope and objectives.
- Consult and coach project teams.
- Coach managers and supervisors if necessary or help provide the material to do so.
- Business Driver:
- Participate actively in any change/improvement discussions, contributing as per experience of any internal/external challenges in your field.
- Have a clear understanding of the fundamental business drivers of the company and use this knowledge in your work.
- Assist with change strategy development and also the implementation into the organisation.
- Assess and analyse the change impact.
- Identify any anticipated resistance from the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years as a change management practitioner in a relevant related industry with similar organizational complexity and diversity of operations
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the HR business model
- Strong ability to acquire and process knowledge aligned to the HR portfolio.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong listening & comprehension skills
- Strong orientation toward Innovation & Creativity
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building & maintaining
- Strong attention to detail and follow up; strong analytical skills together with developed business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and collaborate / partner with others from across the business
- Strong IT skills including advanced excel & PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Shared Services
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Shared Svcs HR
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NC-Charlotte, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Relationship Manager, Animal Health, HR, Change Management, Project Manager, Customer Service, Veterinary, Human Resources, Management, Technology