Organic chemist / materials scientist: porous solids, cage molecules - Belgium
- In this project, you will focus on the synthetic aspects of both material classes, working closely with other skilled scientists and engineers with complementary expertise in clean room manufacturing, sensor design, membrane separation, etc.
- The Center for Surface Chemistry and Catalysis constitutes an interdisciplinary team of eight professors focused on researching the chemistry of the solid-gas, solid-liquid, and solid-solid inter phases.
- The Center currently hosts over 120 PhD students, postdoctoral scholars and technicians and is internationally recognized for its expertise in gas and liquid phase catalysis, porous materials synthesis and characterization, absorptive separations, and related challenges in chemistry and chemical engineering.
- A highly motivated candidate with a strong academic record (publication list) and a PhD in Organic Chemistry or a related field in Science and Engineering.
- A candidate with a true passion for both chemistry and technology, willing to work in a high-tech environment as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Previous demonstrations of out-of-the-box thinking. Bonus points if you consider yourself a 'maker' and practical problem solver, we appreciate what you are doing!
- Since we are a highly international team, proficiency in both written and spoken English is non-negotiable.
- Postdoctoral opportunity to leverage your organic synthetic skills in materials science
- Broaden your skill set by working at a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Outstanding career development and professional support