Order to Cash Associate Director - Order Management Job - Czechia
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – Europe in Prague, Czech Republic will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
The Order to Cash (OtC) Associate Director will work within the RDC-Europe and will be responsible for the coordination and management of Order Management related activities for the EMEA region. The role will be responsible for fostering collaboration between in-country stakeholders and the outsourcing provider. The OtC Associate Director will also liaise with internal and external stakeholders with a view of implementing industry best practices in the end to end Order Management process. The objective of this role is to lead and enable the RDC OtC function based in Prague to partner with their Finance and business counterparts to ensure that business objectives are sufficiently met.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Proactively manage outsourced providers to ensure delivery at required service levels to all stakeholders and where service levels are falling short of expectations, develop and implement corrective action plans in conjunction with global process owners
• Develop controls which will provide timely warnings when backlogs are starting to develop and manage the resolution of these backlogs and ensure all stakeholders are fully informed on a timely basis
• Manage escalations from stakeholders around service delivery/quality issues
• Liaise with stakeholders in each market to understand their information needs arising from Order Management activities and develop and maintain a reporting dashboard to meet these requirements on an ongoing basis
• Identify best practices in the region and implement them in the other markets where possible
• Build collaborative relationships with in-country teams and the outsourced provider in order to improve and standardize the Order Management process by facilitating meetings to provide ongoing updates
• Liaise with other global and other regional Order Management experts to discuss and review continuous process improvement opportunities (e.g. automation, improvements in control environment, etc.)
• Develop activities aimed at reducing the number of errors reported out from the transactional processes
• Identify gaps and weaknesses in the process and involve the relevant people to resolve them in a timely manner
• Act as a single point of contact for internal and external audits for all matters pertaining to Order Management
• Collaborate with the OtC Compliance Analyst to ensure that all Order Management related controls are documented, kept up to date and detailed in ARCHER (Internal Controls Framework tool)
• Manage SOPs by ensuring SOPs are accurate, regularly updated and signed off by the relevant business owner
• Be a point of contact for all system access requests (AMS, ISID, etc.)
• Ensure compliance of all Order Management to company policies and SOX rules, etc.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years of demonstrated work experience within a Financial Operations/Order to Cash/Shared Services environment
• Minimum of 3 years of experience leading a Sales Order Management team or process
• Experience of working with larger enterprise customers and/or institutional customers required
• Experience working in an organization providing services across multiple markets or geographies preferred
• Experience of working with offshore outsourced providers preferred
• Business-level English language skills (speaking and writing) required
• Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
• Strong knowledge of business processes supported by transaction processing capabilities
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required to meet business objectives
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under pressure, and with a high degree of professionalism delivering high quality results on time
• Must be comfortable in an environment of changing technologies and processes, and demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to new ways of working
• Effective team player with a collaborative focus.
• Ability to take ownership of a task with minimal direction and bring to a successful conclusion
Technical Skills Requirements
• Strong SAP knowledge required
• Knowledge of the Order Management functionality within SAP or other significant ERP system
• Have a thorough knowledge of credit-related laws
• Familiarity with US GAAP preferred
• Solid financial background with experience in accounting processes
• Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
• Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
• Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty
• High degree of integrity and personal ethics in implementing corporate policies and procedures
Physical Position Requirements
• Prague, Czech Republic
• Occasional trips abroad across Europe may be required, not expected to be more than 10% of time
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Shared Services Job Title:Order to Cash Associate Director - Order Management
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: ERP, Manager, Animal Health, SAP, Accounting, Technology, Management, Veterinary, Finance