OR1 Application Support Specialist- [El Segunda, CA or Stafford, TX] - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The OR1 Application Specialist provides advanced-level technical expertise to all field-based OR1 resources as well as Sales and Marketing and external customers. Provides planning / implementation support and addresses advanced technical issues for all network-based OR1 deliverables. The Applications Specialist may perform complex troubleshooting and execute field validation and verification per SOPs and Work Instructions. Documents and participates in internal or on-site incident investigation. The OR1 Applications Specialist regularly interfaces customers, OR1 Engineering, Production, Clinical Informatics Group, OR1 Marketing and OR1 Field Operations). Conduct training and acts as a mentor to various OR1 Field Ops personnel to support network-based deliverables.
- (20%) Interfaces with customer contacts and/or Area Network Specialist and local team to provide advanced-level technical support and software maintenance/upgrades. Serves as the SME to provide coaching and mentoring to various internal team members including Network Specialist, Project Manager, and Technician with respective technologies and product deliverables.
- (20 %) Develops and maintains business process for network-based and EHR product implementation and Project Management including creating work instructions and SOPs in line with Product Installation / Deployment, Implementation and Support. Maintain EHR Project list.
- (15%) Creates and publishes product technical notes, bulletin, and training in conjunction with the Technical Training Manager. This role will also conduct product training to internal and external customers.
- (10%) Participates as a SME in product development beta testing and prototyping activities. Works the OR1 Engineering, OR1 Marketing and Product Management to determine the scope of work with the Beta activity; conducts site visits to oversee and assist with install, may troubleshoot beta units. Serves as the contact to coordinate with hospital contacts to ensure facility/infrastructure readiness for the beta unit.
- (10%) Works closely with OR1 Engineering to learn the current and future product development deliverables. Meet with OR1 Engineering to discuss product requirements and feature requests, provides feedback to OR1 Engineering on high level technical issues on current product deliverables, may perform product testing and give feedback to OR1 Engineering on product under development.
- (10%) Provides remote and onsite server infrastructure support including but not limited to: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, physical servers, virtual servers, SQL Server/database, Internet Information Services Manager and Active Directory.(5%) Assist OR1 Marketing / OR1 Sales in completing RFPs, RFIs, BAA, and other related documents; completes Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and other documents from customer related to network-based product deliverables. Responds to high level technical questions on those documents.
- (5%) Assists OR1 Engineering in maintaining SharePoint records, user configuration, documentation and remote access for network-based devices.
- (5%) Supports clinical application implementation project teams in the planning, deployment and integration of physical and virtual application servers in hospital data centers. Give direction and guidance to complex project implementation.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned by the Manager, Critical Response.
Key Job Factors:
Level of accountability: Generally Independent
Level of decision making: Specialized Tasks
Has contact with: Inside and Outside Company Staff; Occasional Executives
Financial/Budgetary: Supervised Responsibliity on Revenu and Costs
Physical Requirements: Considerable Mental and Physical Effort
- Travel: up to 75% percent
- AA/AS technical degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of analog and digital electronic technology as it pertains to audio visual systems and equipment, Windows server environment, network topology, and IT infrastructure technology as well as video teleconferencing (Polycom and Tandberg) and streaming media.Knowledge with DICOM, HL7 and EMH / EHR workflow.
- Certifications: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) , MCSA: Windows Server, or equivalent certification are preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience advanced troubleshooting and repairing complex electronic media systems and network-based devices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse clientele including good written and oral communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills
- Experience with network switches, VPN, LAN / WAN, and VM are preferred
- Ability to perform complex and time-critical tasks with optimum effectiveness and efficiency with little or no supervision in high-pressure situations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Attention to detail and adherence to SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed documentation
- Ability to travel up to 20% throughout US, Canada and Mexico
- Good driving record