This job is currently Archived,
Operator Upstream Processing (USP) Wageningen Netherlands,
Posted on : 03 May 2017
- For the expansion of our Gladskin production team, we are looking for an operator upstream processing (USP).
- You will perform E.coli fermentation and assist in process development and optimization.
As an operator you will:
- Carry out the upstream process production, i.e. fermentation of genetically modified E. coli
- Typical techniques that are used are fermentation and concentration/diafiltration for cell harvest
- Reporting and documentation according to standard operating procedures
- Assist in generation and execution of corrective and preventive actions and proactively suggest quality improvements
- Write and or update standard operating procedures
- Prepare required starting materials and maintain inventory of these materials
- Perform system qualification/calibration activities
- Assist co-workers in the manufacturing and development team when applicable
- Education (MLO 4 or higher) in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Life sciences, Molecular Biology or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience with fermentation techniques
- Experience with purification techniques is a plus
- Experience with working in pharmaceutical/medical device industry, where GMP or ISO standards are used is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch and proficient in English
- You are enthusiastic, proactive and an accurate team player
- Our company has developed a targeted antibacterial technology set to replace antibiotics in multiple areas, including human health and food safety.
- Over the years our company has created a technology platform for generation and industrial production of targeted innovative antibacterial compounds (endolysins, phages, etc.) and launched several products for human health and food safety based on its proprietary platform. This technology also allows for the eradication of multi-resistant bacteria, like MRSA.
6709 PA Wageningen The Netherlands
Find a Job Find Candidates