This job is currently Archived,
Operator - United States
Posted on : 30 March 2017
- Seeking qualified individuals to join our team as an Operator.
- Employees in this position will receive work direction from a Shift Supervisor and work with other operators in performing routine plant operating duties, including, but not limited to the following:
- Safely operate pumps, compressors, fired heaters, reactors, distillation columns and other plant equipment within safe operating ranges
- Make changes to the operating process necessary to maintain product quality
- Monitor the performance of plant equipment and process conditions. Read flow meters and temperature and pressure gauges.
- Take routine readings on process variables.
- Operate control room instrumentation systems
- Draw samples of products from the process for laboratory testing
- Promptly respond to process alarms / constraints
- Safely Operate Forklifts
- Load/Unload Trailers and Railcars
- Position requires ability to climb, bend, lift and perform a wide range of physical activities; ability to work at various heights; entry into confined spaces; work in various adverse weather conditions; ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts, including holidays and weekends, and overtime.
- Operating needs of the unit will dictate work schedule.
- Must be able to complete the requirements of the formal operator's training program.
- Must follow all plant safety guidelines and policies, which includes the wearing of fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (PPE, SCBA).
- Must be able to report to work in response to call-out or stand by within 90 minutes of receiving the request.
- Must be able to provide standby coverage which will be assigned during off days.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Should possess basic computer skills.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work is the US without sponsorship and be at be at least 18 years of age
- High School/GED Required
- Preferred to have completed the two year Associates Degree in Process Technology prior to start date or have at least two years process operations experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Utility or Refinery industry
- Applicants with a four year technology related degree will also be considered
- Applicants must be able to pass all pre-employment tests
- Successful candidate will be required to take a physical examination, which includes a drug and alcohol screen, fitness for duty exam and a criminal background check