Operations Technician - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a leading provider of in vitro diagnostic products and services, offering accurate, timely, and cost-effective solutions for screening, diagnosing, monitoring and confirming diseases.
- The company is a strong, highly competitive organization with approximately 4,500 employees worldwide, and sales, marketing and logistics on six continents.
- Our company was recently acquired by the Carlyle Group, a highly respected global asset management company, as an independent, freestanding company.
- With new leadership and accelerated investment in research and development, our company is well positioned for growth as a leading player in the global diagnostics market, tapping into rising demand for sophisticated medical diagnostic products and services worldwide.
The Career Potential:
- Our company is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics.
- To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures.
- As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before.
- There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at our company.
- More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine.
- That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
This is a great opportunity to work with cutting edge, state of the art medical technology, in a positive working environment which encourages advancement and career progression. The roles involve shift work, following the double days shift pattern currently operated in KA .
- Carry out routine packing procedures.
- Carry out routine magnetic card manufacture
- Operate basic production equipment or carry out manual operations within the area.
- Maintain operational environments.
- Participate in quality improvement / lean initiatives / 5S
- Maintain operational paperwork / logs / record keeping
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent including Math’s & English or 2 – 3 years relevant operational experience
- Awareness and experience in 5S / modern manufacturing techniques
- Experience of working with machinery
- Working level of computer literacy.
- Knowledge of safe systems of work
Attributes and Competencies:
- Good communication skills.
- Strong team player, but able to work as an individual.
- Good leadership skills, committed to team and partnership working.
- Able to operate in a busy, multi-tasking environment.
- Innovative and accepting of change.
- Think positively in the workplace, and have the ability to motivate others.
- Be forward thinking and ambitious with potential for further development.
- We are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing.
- Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making our company a place to grow your career.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.