Operations or Production Unit Manager - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Manages and directs the operation of the Radel Unit at the facility.
- Provide leadership to the Neat Resins Production Coordinator and Radel Production Specialist.
- Effectively manages these groups to achieve safe, environmentally sound and cost efficient plant operations while meeting production and quality requirements.
- Adhere to all PSM and plant HSE standards, policies and procedures and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Direct and manage the overall Radel unit operation.
- Effectively utilize all the resources available including operators, facilitators, engineers, R&D, Plant Support Teams and external experts when required.
- Provide leadership in unit safety excellence, transformation improvement initiatives, quality improvement, people development and training to drive operational excellence.
- Create and promote an atmosphere focused on proactive and continuous quality improvement behavior to meet/exceed customer requirements and increase customer satisfaction.
- Participates as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Understand, manage and clearly communicate the operating budget and production plan to the Radel team.
- Support the business team in efforts to maintain and grow market share while reducing working capital
- Develop cost initiatives for the Radel department that aligns with the business goals.
- Manages the department to control fixed costs to budgeted levels.
- Ensures the safe operation of all personnel in the department. Champions the use of the plant’s Tenets of Operations and company's Life Saving Rules.
- Develop and implement personal and professional development plans for self as well as direct reports
- Participate as the Radel representative on various Alpharetta Business teams as needed.
- Develops capability to act as Site Manager Relief as needed and directed by the Site Manager.
- Maintain effective labor relations with the Union.
BS in Chemical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 10+ years working in an industrial facility, preferably a chemical plant.
- A minimum of 3 years and preferably 5 years of management experience is required.
- Experience working in an industrial facility with Process Safety Management responsibilities.
- Experience with Polymer manufacturing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaboration with multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management capabilities.
- Exemplary computer skills, with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Ability to drive transformational organizational culture change; Embraces and teaches company culture
- Responds well to high-pressure situations
- Proven ability to analyze situations and data to make sound decisions
- Detail oriented and self-starter
- A desire to work in the field, alongside operators, in a chemical manufacturing environment;
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment and the hazards that accompany it, including exposure to all weather elements
- Comfortable presenting to a group: whether training front-line employees or presenting a safety plan to a potential customer