Operations Manager - Rotating Shifts Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
This high impact role in Merck Manufacturing assures that products manufactured comply with cGMPs, operating procedures, and other applicable regulations.
The incumbent will:
- Manage the direct processing of materials and the associated hourly workforce to ensure attainment of business results.
- Effectively collaborate with and manage a work team with specific responsibility for motivating others, ensuring performance, schedule execution, task coordination, equipment and area preparation and effective administration of personnel policies and procedures.
- Manage conflict and effect resolution to technical and personnel challenges is key as is openness to change and the ability to effect positive change.
Because our business is dynamic and advances in science and technology require new methods of production we are looking for individuals who can do the following:
- Collaborate with team members in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and action plans.
- Support activities in the areas of cost containment, efficiency, productivity, energy conservation, waste minimization, operational excellence and lean practices.
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility and flexibility in their daily performance so as to motivate others to do the same.
- Assure compliance with safety and environmental practices, cGMPs and SOPs in the work area.
- Participate in external and internal audits and inspections.
- Initiate the investigation when a quality or safety event occurs during the shift.
- Work with members from Quality and Technical Services to properly handle unplanned events.
- Ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure that personnel under his/her supervision are properly trained in cGMPs, procedures, good documentation practices and regulatory matters.
- Participate in design and implementation of training and development programs.
- Perform performance management and disciplinary process.
- Ensure materials receiving and verification in the work area, equipment cleaning, set-up and area cleaning and verification are completed according to procedures.
- Assure that materials are properly handled and equipment is properly operated according to SOPs, guidelines, and regulations.
- Maintain control of processes and product quality by ensuring compliance with cGMPs, safety and environmental regulations.
- Monitor the manufacturing processes during the shift
This position will be on a rotating twelve hour shift.
Candidate will manage a USW workforce in the preparation and sterilization of components used to manufacture multiple vaccine products at the West Point site. This role consists of, but is not limited to:
- Employee coaching
- Trouble shooting
- Production execution
- Collaboration across functions
- Continuous improvement projects
- Document review
- BS (in a Science or Engineering field preferred)
- GMP Manufacturing Experience
- Experience leading teams and managing direct reports.
- Experience in a union/trade environment.
- Project management.
- Organizational change management
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Job Title:Mgr, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Medical, Law, Engineer, Operations, Healthcare, Legal, Engineering