Operations Manager - MYTOX-SOUTH Ghent Belgium,
Ghent University (company)
The International Thematic Network (ITN) MYTOX-SOUTH intends to harness the expertise and infrastructure available at Ghent University to strengthen the capacity of the Southern partners to tackle the mycotoxin problem and the associated food safety and food security issues. MYTOX-SOUTH is a partnership to improve food security & food safety through mitigation of mycotoxins at global level with the following long term goals: (1) building human capacity, (2) bridging the gap between research & stakeholders and (3) creating a sustainable network.
Therefore, MYTOX-SOUTH will broaden and consolidate the scientific network between South and North partners around the theme of mycotoxins and toxicogenic moulds with the ultimate goal of strengthening the capacity of the Southern partners, making collaborations and research output more sustainable. MYTOX-SOUTH is structured to bring together researchers with complementary expertise in different areas of the mycotoxin issue and includes 13 UGent ZAP/postdocs (active MYTOX members) and 12 professorial/post-doc research partners from different American, Chinese and African countries/universities, all of them are currently involved in collaborative work with UGent. More information can be found on http://mytoxsouth.org/.
MYTOX-SOUTH will be coordinated by Prof. Sarah De Saeger & Dr. Marthe De Boevre. To provide an adequate follow-up of the activities in relation to MYTOX-SOUTH, an operations manager will assist the coordinator to address all operational and administrative commitments, and to maintain continuous contacts with the different partners, academic and non-academic stakeholders. The coordinator and the operations manager will play a strong role to ensure communication and interaction within the consortium.
The management of the ITN involves the following tasks:
- assurance of the achievement of the proposed activities within MYTOX-SOUTH
- coordination of activities within MYTOX-SOUTH
- organization of ad hoc meetings (min. 2/year) with the UGENT Steering Committee
- organization of ad hoc meetings (min. 2/year) with the International Steering Committee
- organization of a plenary meeting with (all) MYTOX-SOUTH partners (min. 1/2 years)
- financial and administrative coordination of MYTOX-SOUTH
Ad hoc meetings of Steering Committees and plenary meetings can be physical (for UGent Steering Committee for International Steering Committee or plenary meeting at the occasion of international symposia) or through online discussion available through DICT (UGent) or other web applications (e.g. through Starleaf communication platform).
At regular basis the coordinator invites the Steering Committees for follow-up and discussion of progress, results and difficulties. Communication is key within this broad network, so measures will be established and maintained to ensure the fluent communication and proper management of contacts between the co-promoters themselves, as well as between all MYTOX-SOUTH-partners.
Profile of the candidate
- You have knowledge and proven expertise regarding mycotoxins and/or fungi
- You have strong social and communicative skills that allow you to set up good internal and external contacts with different research partners and stakeholders
- You are proficient in English, both in oral and written communication
- You are highly motivated and possess excellent organizational and time management qualities
- You are a team-player that likes to collaborate and coordinate; you are a problem-solver and result-oriented
- You have a strong sense for initiative and you are quality-oriented
- You have a clear vision on how to manage a consortium such as MYTOX-SOUTH making use of your knowledge and network.
- You have affinity with relevant funding possibilities/agencies, project management and project coordination
How to apply
For more information, you can contact Prof. dr. Sarah De Saeger, coordinator of MYTOX-SOUTH, via email (email@example.com) or by phone (+32 9 264 81 37).
Applications must be sent by email to Prof. dr. Sarah De Saeger (subject heading: MYTOX-SOUTH Vacancy OP: name) including your detailed Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contact data (phone number and email, included) of at least 3 references (one PDF-document).
Find a Job Find Candidates