Operations Manager Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
This high impact role in Lyo Operations assures that products manufactured comply with cGMPs, operating procedures and other applicable regulations.
The incumbent will supervise the direct processing of materials and the associated hourly workforce to ensure attainment of business results. The incumbent will effectively collaborate with and manage a work team with specific responsibility for motivating others, ensuring performance, schedule execution, task coordination, equipment and effective administration of personnel policies and procedures.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the execution of filling, lyophilization and inspection of M-M-R® II, ZOSTAVAX®, ProQuad® and VARIVAX® products.
- Collaborate with team members in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and action plans.
- Responsible for providing guidance and supervision to hourly employees in completing process, production, maintenance or production support activities.
- Support activities in the areas of cost containment, efficiency, productivity, energy conservation, waste minimization, operational excellence and lean practices.
- Must be able to facilitate implementation of corrective actions, proactively identify safety and quality-related trends and be responsible for initiating actions to prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Complete batch record review.
- Recognizes and investigates opportunities for financial savings.
- Understands lean principles and applies these concepts to all aspects of the production environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are very important.
- Assure compliance with safety and environmental practices, cGMPs and SOPs in the work area.
- Participate in external and internal audits and inspections. Initiate the investigation when a quality or safety event occurs during the shift.
- Ensure that personnel under his/her supervision are properly trained in cGMPs, procedures, good documentation practices and regulatory matters. Participate in design and implementation of training and development programs.
- Perform performance management and disciplinary process. Ability to manage conflict.
Due to the high impact nature of this role it is essential that the incumbent demonstrate integrity, credibility and flexibility in their daily performance so as to motivate others to do the same.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in responsible line or staff position related to pharmaceutical production or 2 years supervisory experience.
- Willingness to work off-shift or weekends
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Word, Outlook, Excel
- cGMP experience in a sterile, bulk or finished pharmaceutical environment.
- Supervisory experience in a heavily regulated industry (ex. FDA, Military, Nuclear, Petro-Chemical)
- Manufacturing plant experience in operational capacity
- Experience working within a Union environment
- Experience with working in SAP
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Job Title:Mgr, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 3rd
Hazardous Materials: The responsibilities of your vacancy require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Law, Operations, Healthcare, Science, Legal