Operations Manager Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Manager is the supervisor for a number of individual contributors across one or more shifts.
- Ensure that Shift(s) objectives are achieved while reliably supplying quality product at a competitive cost consistent with Merck, Regulatory Agency, and State and Local code requirements for quality, good manufacturing practices (GMP), equal employment opportunity, finances, labor, employee, environment and safety;
- Tactical and strategic Shift(s) management, including collaboration with indirect staff;
- Promote the behaviors and principles that drive continuous improvement.
- Compliance - Responsible for creating and sustaining a culture that ensures that compliance (Safety, Environment, cGMP, etc.) are imperatives for the business. Responsible for establishing a Right First Time culture by reducing waste and constantly driving continuous improvement. Responsible to review and approve compliance documents, as per procedures or need.
- Supply – Support Shift(s) change meetings (Tier, Muster, etc.). Exercise judgment and decision making to ensure quality product is reliably produced while managing cost. Responsible for Shift(s) supply performance metrics (Schedule Adherence, Release on Time, Customer service performance, Product Lead Time, etc.).
- Continuous Improvement - Accountable for developing a Merck Production System (MPS) and continuous improvement culture while achieving MPS Targets and business results for the Shift(s). Develop strategic initiatives related to the manufacturing process, equipment and human resources in support of long range operating plans. Report Shift(s) monthly metrics and any action plans to address gaps to the Area Lead. Identify, prioritize, and champion improvement projects to improve process efficiency, cycle time, and yield, reduce process variability, and eliminate waste.
- Financial Stewardship – Accountable for meeting the Shift(s) operating budget and continuously reducing cost. Ensure members of the Shift(s) have business acumen and understand how they may impact business finances.
- People Management – Responsible for creating and sustaining a highly engaged workforce through utilization of Merck Leadership Behaviors and Inclusion. Provide coaching on professional development and career paths. Provide timely feedback and performance evaluations for direct reports after obtaining the relevant input and evaluation. Provide feedback and input on performance evaluations for indirect staff. Support Talent Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Science, Engineering or another technical field
- Four (4) years’ experience in a functional area, such as Operations, Quality, Technical Operations, Technology, Engineering, Maintenance, and/or Supply Chain
- Two (2) years’ experience in relevant manufacturing or processing (aseptic/sterile, bulk, solid oral dosage, packaging, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of High Performing Organization tools and methodology, including MPS/lean processing and Inclusion
- Demonstrated experience of interacting with site, divisional or regulatory audits
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the Job. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Job Title:Mgr, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): Other (see Work Schedule)
Hazardous Materials: The responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Law, Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Operations, Legal, Engineering