Operations Manager Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This high impact role in Merck Manufacturing assures that products manufactured comply with cGMPs, operating procedures, and other applicable regulations.
The incumbent will:
- Manage the direct processing of materials and the associated hourly workforce to ensure attainment of business results.
- Effectively collaborate with and manage a work team with specific responsibility for motivating others, ensuring performance, schedule execution, task coordination, equipment and area preparation and effective administration of personnel policies and procedures.
- Manage conflict and effect resolution to technical and personnel challenges is key as is openness to change and the ability to effect positive change.
Because our business is dynamic and advances in science and technology require new methods of production we are looking for individuals who can do the following:
- Collaborate with team members in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and action plans.
- Support activities in the areas of cost containment, efficiency, productivity, energy conservation, waste minimization, operational excellence and lean practices.
Demonstrate integrity, credibility and flexibility in their daily performance so as to motivate others to do the same.
- Assure compliance with safety and environmental practices, cGMPs and SOPs in the work area.
- Participate in external and internal audits and inspections.
- Initiate the investigation when a quality or safety event occurs during the shift.
- Work with members from Quality and Technical Services to properly handle unplanned events.
- Ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure that personnel under his/her supervision are properly trained in cGMPs, procedures, good documentation practices and regulatory matters.
- Participate in design and implementation of training and development programs.
- Perform performance management and disciplinary process.
- Ensure materials receiving and verification in the work area, equipment cleaning, set-up and area cleaning and verification are completed according to procedures.
- Assure that materials are properly handled and equipment is properly operated according to SOPs, guidelines, and regulations.
- Maintain control of processes and product quality by ensuring compliance with cGMPs, safety and environmental regulations.
- Monitor the manufacturing processes during the shift
- B.S. in Science, Engineering, or other relevant field.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience
- Five (5) years experience in a GMP manufacturing facility
- Six Sigma training and/or certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Job keywords: Manufacturing Operations Manager, Engineer, Science, cGMP, GMP, Six Sigma, Lean, West Point, PA
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Job Title:Mgr, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 3rd
Hazardous Materials: live virus (Hepatitis A) and solvents
The responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Law, Engineer, Manager, Operations, Legal, Engineering, Management