Operations Manager/Coach (2nd Shift) - United States
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, consumer health, as well as animal health products.
- Our company is building a new kind of healthcare company – one focused on improving lives and creating a healthier future.
- The company’s ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of our team members.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, this position will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding individual skills.
- This posting is for a second shift Operations Coach position at the company facility. The facility, located at the intersection of I-95 and US 264 Alternate, is a 500,000 square foot solid dosage / packaging site on 225 acres. The facility has been in operation since 1983, and is our company's Packaging Center of Excellence for North America.
- The Operations Coach position is responsible for leadership and development of production Operators in a team-based environment.
- This position is also responsible for
- developing performance objectives for their work-team that are aligned to site goals,
- monitoring performance against safety, quality, and productivity standards,
- coordinating operations, maintenance, and engineering resources to ensure targets are met, and
- fostering a culture of problem solving and continuous improvement.
- The Operations Coach is expected to provide ongoing formal and informal feedback to direct reports and utilize situational leadership and reward/recognition systems to maximize the potential of all team members.
The Operations Coach is responsible for all aspects of operating and managing production on the shop floor.
The position will be expected to have in-depth knowledge of production equipment and packaging processes and responsible for understanding and ensuring adherence to all site standard operating procedures. In addition, the position will be expected to
- troubleshoot equipment problems, and suggest potential solutions to optimize throughput,
- independently coordinate and optimize activities in a multi-shift shared ownership environment,
- author, review, or approve technical documents such as equipment change controls and Qualifications,
- lead departmental and team meetings focused on equipment/process improvement,
- utilize lean principles and six sigma methodology to solve problems and develop these problem solving skills in work teams,
- conduct quality and safety-related investigations,
- facilitate implementation of corrective actions to correct past performance,
- proactively identify safety and quality-related trends, and be responsible for initiating actions to prevent issues from reoccurring, and
- participate with department leaders in development of budgets, recognizing opportunities for financial savings, and making good financial decisions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills will be critical in this role.
- This is an ideal developmental opportunity for a candidate that aspires to be a leader in the company Manufacturing Division.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate proven leadership skills aimed at generating sustained business results while maintaining a positive culture and team-oriented work environment. Demonstrated leadership skills (e.g. ability to coach/develop work teams, motivate/empower others, and resolve conflict) are the key to success in this role. The team you will coach is an accomplished work team with a proven record of performance.
- You will need the ability to inspire your team to succeed. The successful candidate must be capable of balancing shifting priorities without introducing unnecessary disruption to the organization. They must also understand lean principles and apply these concepts to all aspects of the production environment.
- This position will also serve as liaison between line teams and technical support groups where necessary.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent certification (see preferred education below).
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in operations, production, or manufacturing preferably in a cGMP or military environment
- Previous coaching/supervisory experience
- Willingness and availability to work off-shift and/or weekends
- This posting is for a second shift position
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- B.S. degree from an accredited college/university, preferably with emphasis in a science or engineering related discipline
- Previous experience with pharmaceutical packaging
- Technical writing experience
- Experience working with SAP inventory
- Six Sigma Greenbelt, Lean, or process improvement experience