OPERATIONS ENGINEER - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Individual accountability for site HSE, Quality, Productivity, and Manufacturing Excellence objectives
- Work with Operations Team in defined area of ownership to deliver required performance in Safety, Quality and Production
- Accountable for technical ownership of the currently defined processes in support of unit meeting or exceeding goals for HSE, Quality, Productivity, and Manufacturing Excellence objectives, cost, and customer satisfaction
- Lead incremental improvement initiatives and projects to optimize existing processes.
- Supports advancement initiatives in the areas of Safety, Zero Defect, and Operations Improvement through utilization of a continuous improvement culture.
- Facilitates execution of select Site Key X’s and strategic plan initiatives to ensure the site meets its critical business objectives.
- Establish and maintain process metrics and data, such as cycle time, OEE, cost utilization, yields, downtime tracking etc, to assure processes are in control.
- Coordinate Maintenance activities as needed in the unit to deliver necessary Safety, Quality, and Production performance.
- Take corrective action to address process deviations and find root cause to prevent future occurrence.
- Identify improvement opportunities and use Six Sigma and Lean techniques to achieve improvement.
- Lead execution of incremental process improvements (capacity, yield, cost, Lean, etc.) through the use of Area Improvement Teams (AIT) Lead development and execution of incremental capital improvements.
- Complete PHA’s, MOC’s, SOP data sheet updates, PCAT action items, etc., as required Support investigation and resolution of safety incidents (PSI’s & CRIs) and quality complaints (SCARs). Fill in as relief for Production Superintendent, as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must have ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Requires regular, dependable attendance.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 2-5 years experience in production, operations and process engineering in a manufacturing plant is required.
- Experience in chemical manufacturing is preferred other related industries will also be considered.
- Six-Sigma Green Belt certification preferred