Onsite Endoscopic Specialist: Ann Arbor, MI - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The KARL STORZ On-Site Endoscopic Specialists (OES) is a trained Specialist with KARL STORZ equipment and devices and an integral member of the KARL STORZ Service team. The OES is responsible for the management and troubleshooting of KARL STORZ devices (including hand instruments, video equipment and OR1) within their assigned hospital. At its core, the On-Site Endoscopic Specialist’ goal is to manage devices and facilitate and expedite successful M.I.S procedures, thus allowing the surgeon and staff to focus on the patient and not on equipment and related issues.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking an On-Site Endoscopic Specialist (OES) to join the Field Service Department’s Group at a client site based in Ann Arbor, MI.
Reporting to the Region Manager, Field Service - South Central, the primary responsibility of this role is customer support of KARL STORZ devices (including hand instruments, video equipment and OR1) within their assigned hospital while partnering with Sterile Processing Departments and OR team members
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Face-to-face customer support, including OR, SPD and Biomed
- Daily maintenance and management of KARL STORZ products
- Maintain the instrument sets so that they are always in good working order and ready for use; keep repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account; preventative maintenance on all KARL STORZ devices;
- Trouble shoot video and instrument issues in the O.R.; inspection of the instruments and documentation of their functionality
- Training and education for the OR and supporting departments
- Designing process improvements to improve efficiencies and reduce repair costs.
- Tasks will vary depending on the agreement with the account and will generally include:
- Video tower / system set-up and support,
- Inspection, repair, troubleshooting and replacement of KARL STORZ devices
- Monitoring, reporting and facilitating repair/ exchange transactions.
- In some accounts the tasks will also include:
- Transporting, cleaning/sterilization and packaging of instruments after use.
Face-to-face customer support, including OR, SPD and Biomed,
Preventative maintenance and management of endoscopy products so that they are always in good working order and ready for use including documentation of their functionality
Monitoring, reporting and facilitating repair / exchange transactions
- Keeping repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account.
- Training and education for the OR, SPD and supporting departments,
- Designing process improvements to improve efficiencies and reduce repair costs
- Identifying opportunities to reduce instrument damage and related repair costs
- Gathering detailed usage and repair data
- Identifying and implementing reusable strategies
- Communicating effectively with diverse clientele including good written and oral communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
- Performing complex and time-critical tasks with optimum effectiveness and efficiency with little or no supervision in high-pressure situations.
- The OES will be part of an operations team tasked with providing the customer with cost reduction initiatives and value well beyond the tasks listed above.
- This role will include all aspects of the implementation of reusable M.I.S. products from training to procedural support.
- The candidate will also be responsible for capturing procedural and device usage data. While analysis of the data will not be necessary, they must have a strong comprehension of the data that is collected.
- In some accounts the OES will also be responsible for the transporting, cleaning and packaging of instruments after use.
At its core, the OES program’s goal is to manage M.I.S. devices and facilitate and expedite successful M.I.S procedures, thus allowing the surgeon and staff to focus on the patient and not on equipment and related issues.
- A minimum education level of a high-school diploma with related experience; higher degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in surgical technology or central sterile experience or previous work history in medical sales or services management
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.