OneSource Sr. Procurement Specialist - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The OneSource Sr. Procurement Specialist is responsible for:
- Sourcing of suppliers and supplier qualification,
- Sourcing, negotiating, and procurement of service contracts in support of our OneSource Enterprise contracts and asset management portfolio.
- Developing, deploying and awarding supplier contracts and agreements (RFP).
- Engage in all aspects of supplier management with a focus on improving profitability and delivering customer satisfaction
- Identifying appropriate service coverage for different customers or types of equipment and opportunities to expand our service platform strategy.
- Strategic Supplier Management - insuring good relationships with our supply base while acting as an escalation path for supplier issues across the OneSource Enterprise portfolio.
- Interacts closely with suppliers and Quality to resolve quality issues.
- Conduct routine supplier meetings to develop and maintain supplier relationship.
- Use data to drive decisions and provide market/competitive feedback while supporting the field organization and providing visibility and accessibility to supplier metrics, tools and processes.
- Key Interfaces: OneSource Global Procurement, OneSource Operations Teams, OneSource Territory Leaders, Territory VP/GM’s, Global Finance and Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of procurement experience.
- Must have a proven record of strong negotiation skills and buying strategies culminating in positive financial results.
- Thorough knowledge of developing, deploying and awarding service contracts and supplier agreements.
- Deep understanding of vendor/supplier communications and best practices.
- Proven ability to ensure cost effective services arrangements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent motivational, communication (oral/written), presentation and influencing skills.
- Must possess confidence and assertiveness
- Excellent critical thinking/ analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong execution and follow through.
Bias for Action
- Action-orientated - enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Deliver results - can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very performance orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Builds voice of the customer feedback into all strategies and plans.Considers impact of all actions on current and future customers, including regulatory bodies).Inculcates a culture of quality and customer excellence throughout the organization.
- Patience – tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up for acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing.
- Command skills - takes unpopular stands if necessary, encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges
- Managerial courage - doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current; direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with
- Can build effective teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Vision and Purpose
- Looking ahead – ability to look at the big picture and plan ahead.
- Vision – communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; takes things beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate others