Oncology Medical Science Liaison - Boston Area - United States
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Science Liaisonin our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Medical Science Liaison working on the Global Medical Affairsteam, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
- Functions in field based Medical Affairs representative in order to identify potential opportunities for clinical studies with Takeda Oncology pipeline molecules
- Provides compliant fair balanced, accurate, non misleading responses to unsolicited requests for information to ensure appropriate utilization of Takeda Oncology marketed products
- Identifies, establishes and develops relationships with health care providers and other key external stakeholders (managed markets, advocacy groups, cooperative group chairs) in order to support Medical Affairs strategic goals
- Establish compliant relationships with investigators and health care professionals
- Provide scientifically accurate, fair balanced, non-misleading disease state and molecule data to various audiences and responds appropriately, compliantly to unsolicited requests for information
- Develop and implement territory management plan that advances Medical Affairs goals
- Facilitate initiation and enrollment of clinical trials
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with MSL team and internal stakeholders
- Identify and communicate research opportunities and threats that may influence Takeda Oncology drug development
- Consistently manages administrative duties on time
- Engage in continuous learning to expand scientific knowledge, attend appropriate meetings and support Medical Affairs responsibilities at meetings
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science field
- Preferred: a doctoral or advanced practice degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD, Ph.D., RN, MSN; NP accepted if candidate possess a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Three years of clinical, medical or research related experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to communicate complex scientific information in a clear, concise fashion
- Knowledge of the key phases, processes, that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently, good time management skills, ability to prioritize across multiple priorities
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.