This job is currently Archived,
Oncology Medical Advisor - Rome, Italy - Italy
Posted on : 22 October 2017
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Advisor in our Rome office in Italy.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our more than 230-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Operating across 32 countries, our Europe and Canada region is diverse, dynamic and at the forefront of supporting our mission of delivering better health for patients through leading innovations in gastroenterology, central nervous system, oncology, and vaccines.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
As a Medical Advisor working on the Medical & Regulatory Team, you will provide medical expertise and support for Therapeutic Area(s) (TAs)/Takeda products with the responsibility to Market Access, Brand Management / Marketing & KAMs and other internal stakeholders. Support the Local Operating Country (LOC) Medical Lead in establishing the local Medical Strategy Plan and its implementation for the TA of responsibility. Ensure the correct interpretation and communication of scientific data of Takeda products. Play a role of advocate for patient’s needs. Assist with the launch of new oncology products in the market.
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Present the clinical evidence to internal and external stakeholders in a non-promotional way, e.g., advisory boards, while determining their needs as well as patient needs to become a partner in improving healthcare
- Assess scientific accuracy and validity of non-promotional material and its compliance with Takeda standards, SOPs and national laws
- Communicate and align with Regional and Global Medical Affairs functions, as well as with other LOC functions (e.g., Commercial, Market Access) to ensure alignment in meeting customer needs
- Implement local strategic medical plans in line with Product Life Cycle Management plans and oversee execution (including the production of local publications, planning, and conduct of local Advisory Board meetings, etc.)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), understand their needs to segment them and create medical strategy and tactics per segment accordingly
- Act as a communication link to authors of scientific publications about Takeda products
- Provide extensive, clear and structured briefing to external presenters/speakers at Takeda sponsored medical events (e.g. local Advisory Boards, doctors’ meetings)
- Support the LOC Management in identifying gaps in the local clinical study programs which are a hurdle for successful regulatory and/or clinical acceptance of the product and propose studies to address these issues
- Provide medical expertise to LOC Market Access, (e.g., Pricing & Reimbursement Dossier creation)
- Provide medical expertise to LOC Regulatory Affairs/LOC Pharmacovigilance/LOC Quality Assurance
- Evaluate and support local investigator-initiated research proposals in alignment with global strategy and Takeda standards and SOPs
- Provide medical training for allocated therapeutic area/products to Marketing & Sales
- Provide medical input for development of promotional material
- Support the Medical Lead to assess scientific accuracy and validity of promotion material and its compliance with Takeda standards, SOPs, and national laws and regulations
- Assist with all elements of local product launches
- Participate in development of patient services "beyond the pill"
- Other medical and scientific support duties as assigned
- Support the Medical Lead to develop study outline and protocol for local post-authorization (phase 4), and other Real World Evidence (RWE) studies sponsored by Takeda; coordinate/oversee study conduct, data analysis, and disclosure, reporting/publication
- Liaise with CROs and other vendors for Takeda sponsored global studies as appropriate being able to do supervision to fulfil with regulations regarding local studies
- Collaborate with Global Development Operations functions (e.g., LOC Support)
- Targeted lung cancer therapy experience with ALK+ experience (highly preferred) or other targeted therapy experience (e.g., EGFR)
- Solid oncology experience highly preferred
- More than 3 years of experience in medical advisor role or other relevant roles
- Ability to engage with KOL community based on existing strong relationships and help to build lasting relationships with KOLs
- Possible experience with new product launches, especially in oncology and/or orphan disease markets
- Education requirements: MD or PhD (in oncology)
- Desire to put people first and demonstrate the values of Takeda-ism
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com