Oncology Field Trainer Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
The Oncology Field Trainer (OFT) supports and facilitates the learning of activities for our U.S. Oncology commercial facing roles within Merck Oncology, and supports the design and execution of the annual learning plan to achieve business results. The role reports into an U.S. Oncology Learning Director and collaborates with Oncology Learning Consultants and Oncology Learning Partners in the execution of the U.S. Oncology L&D strategy through consulting and delivery of national and/or regional learning solutions. S/he interacts with and influences mid-level managers, supervisors and Directors to understand business goals and performance needs, develops and executes learning plans aligned to the Merck Oncology business strategy, and routinely engages with key stakeholders to ensure learning solutions continue to support and positively drive desired outcomes. Success in this role depends on the candidate’s ability to collaborate with leaders in the Oncology CBL, Learning Directors, and other Learning Partners and Consultants, as well as work cross-functionally to act as a partner and point of contact for the business’ performance needs and communicate them to support design and delivery of learning solutions.
- Remain current on learning and development related tools, techniques, strategies and practices in order to provide relevant, informed consultative advice, and learning practices to internal business partners.
- Effectively establish, deepen and sustain key relationships with Oncology Sales management to understand training needs and related performance gaps, and as a result, prioritize training capacity within the region.
- Facilitate delivery and pull-through of training to support the business based on needs and identified gaps.
- Deliver training, and/or support local subject matter experts in providing training at sales meetings
- Report timely feedback on learning effectiveness to the business and communicate recommendations for improvement to U.S. Oncology Learning and Development
- Review ad hoc learning activities and requests; make appropriate recommendations and support the design and development of new learning assets as needed
- Drive onboarding of oncology sales representatives and oncology key account managers in field (with sales management), emphasizing proficiency in scientific knowledge, business acumen, account management and selling effectiveness.
- Reinforce training as a continuum by executing and reinforcing learning and development initiatives delivered to Oncology CBL, nationally, regionally and locally
- Participate in the facilitation and execution of the live portion of new hire training
- This position will not be responsible for performance management of Oncology sales representatives
- Training Delivery: Ability to effectively deliver or facilitate training in face-to-face and virtual instructor led sessions. Solid understanding of technology as a training medium.
- Results-Oriented: Demonstrated comfort and ability to achieve success in a fast-paced, dynamic, minimally structured, detail-oriented, and excellence-oriented environment. Ability to be self-motivated when working out in field.
- Adaptability: Demonstrated ability to manage through change and ambiguity; effective prioritization skills.
- Leadership: Demonstrated skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques to gain the cooperation and support of others; ability to lead by example and foster collaborative relationships
- Influencing: Ability to partner, collaborate, and impact decisions within and outside the organization
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrated skill in applying tools and techniques for grasping new concepts, acquiring new ways of seeing things, and revising ways of thinking and patterns of behavior
- Interpersonal Relationships: Demonstrated skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively and in a succinct manner; advanced verbal, written, and presentation abilities; ability to ask thoughtful questions to gain insights, listen, and understand other perspectives
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Ability to use a broad range of methods, assumptions, frameworks, and perspectives when solving problems and making decisions
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic: Project planning and management experience, including the ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1–2 years), and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the business plan
- L&D Policies, Standards, and Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to use industry and organization standards, procedures, and policies relevant to staff learning and development
- Adult Learning: Theory and Practice: Experience in applying concepts and practices of adult learning to meet the dynamic needs of the business
- Learning Needs Analysis: Experience in assessing competency gaps and identifying what people need to learn for successful individual and organizational performance
- Training Delivery: Ability to effectively deliver or facilitate training in face-to-face and virtual instructor led sessions
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Education or Science
- Master’s degree preferred, preferably in Business, Education or Science
- Minimum of 10 years related experience with at least 3 years of Oncology commercial experience (sales, marketing, training, reimbursement)
- Experience developing and/or facilitating/delivering Oncology learning solutions
- Oncology headquarter experience
- Oncology field training experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Sales Training
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Learning & Development
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Other Locations: North America
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Oncology, Curriculum, Medical, Consulting, Outside Sales, Healthcare, Education, Technology, Sales