Oncology Biomarker and Diagnostics Leader Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Biomarker and Diagnostics Leader is responsible for leading and executing the Biomarker and Companion Diagnostics Medical Affairs strategy in the Oncology Business unit for a cluster of indications and has responsibility for oversight of activities for one or two key biomarker platforms.
The Leader is Headquarter-based and is responsible for integration of biomarker diagnostic activities in collaboration with regions and countries.
- Executes Medical Affairs strategy for biomarkers & companion diagnostics
- Designs, updates and gives training both internally and externally
- Coordinates, presents at and attends Advisory boards and other meetings with Scientific Leaders
- Conducts individual Scientific Leader and Pathologist interactions
- Helps with planning of various activities around major oncology congresses
- Supports commercial group for Launch Preparation and Post-launch activities
- Attends Global Product Development subteam meetings for an indication(s)
- Serves as a member on Companion Diagnostic subteams in R and D
- Manages internal stakeholders with timely updates
- Interacts with internal stakeholders for needs assessment and planning
- Participates in CI and Market Research activities
- Leads strategy and interactions with advocacy groups
- Tracks guidelines and regulatory landscape for Dx testing
- Serves on scientific committee for investigator initiated studies and other data generation proposals
- PhD or MD / PhD with specialization in Life Sciences e.g. Molecular Biology, Genomics or Oncology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or diagnostics company
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in cross functional matrix teams
- Experience and confidence in working with diverse teams and functions
- Strong ability to effectively collaborate with and influence partners within and across divisions
- Proven ability to collaborate with others and to resolve conflicts
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Results driven
- 7+ years of experience working in industry
- Experience working globally strongly preferred
- Companion diagnostic expertise is an advantage
- Familiarity interacting with external key scientific experts in the oncology and pathology
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Medical Affairs Generic ONC
Job Title:Dir, Medical Affairs
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Cokesbury
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Oncology, Pathology, Biotech, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Science