Oncology Account Manager - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Oncology Account Manager is responsible for direct promotion of our company’ products, and the development and management of business relationships with therapeutic specialists within an assigned geographical territory.
- The Oncology Account Manager (OAM) is an integral part of the commercial team that includes all personnel dedicated to the sales and marketing functions.
- The Oncology Account Manager will implement our company’s marketing strategies and marketing tactics to achieve short-term and long-term objectives
- This position reports directly to the Business Unit Lead or Regional Sales Manager.
- Educate physicians and other health care professionals about company product(s), providing the most current information about the approved indications for the company’s products
- Achieve sales forecasts and targets
- Participate in organizing and facilitating meetings for the exchange of medical and product information in line with the company’s policies, regulatory and legal requirements
- Represent company at trade shows, attend company meetings, training programs and functions as needed
- Analyze the OAM’s designated territory to understand prescribing and purchasing decision processes and any marked differences from national trends
- Work closely with Technical Staff to maintain referral base and to increase product revenue
- Recognize changes in the work environment develop and implement alternate plans to achieve objectives, modify call plan/business plan activities accordingly
- Identify key physicians, health care providers and organizations within assigned territory
- Prepare a business plan and area tactical plan for the OAM’s assigned territory
- Implement approved plans within established time lines
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with physicians and other health care professionals identified in business plans
- Support company sales strategy and contribute in fostering a team environment
- Present a positive and professional image of our company , and ensure activities are consistent with and enhance the company’s ethical pharmaceutical marketing policies and procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state regulations
- Perform all activities within allocated budget
- Four year college/university degree or equivalent is required
- Post-graduate business school study, training is preferred
- A minimum of five years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- At least three years of specialty sales experience in oncology
- Hematology sales experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of product(s); competitor product(s); and applicable disease states desired
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, and strong planning and organizational skills are required
- Self-motivation and ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to travel to meet territorial requirements
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.