Oncology Account Manager - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Cancer is one of the most significant global health challenges today, representing one of the world’s most urgent unmet medical needs.
- Our goal is to translate breakthrough science into biomedical innovations to help people with cancer worldwide.
- For our Oncology division, helping people fight cancer is our passion, supporting accessibility to our cancer medicines is our commitment, and pursuing research in immuno-oncology is our focus to potentially bring new hope to people with cancer.
- Our company is focused on advancing innovative molecules that harness the power of the immune system to fight cancer.
- Our company is making considerable investments in the field of immuno-oncology and is committed to accelerating every aspect of development and commercialization in order to bring our innovative investigational medicines to patients around the world.
- As a global healthcare company, our company’s role is first and foremost to discover and develop breakthrough medicines and vaccines that address unmet medical needs. We also recognize that we have a role to play – in partnership with other key stakeholders – in helping to ensure our products are accessible and affordable to those in need. Through access to care, partnerships with the community and expansion of our capabilities, we want to help as many people with cancer as possible.
- The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for our company Oncology portfolio key accounts within a specified geography.
- AMs understand and works with customers and stakeholders who determine whether our company's Oncology Portfolio is prescribed, the process to gain access within each account and the brand priorities required to growth
- Partners with key customers, builds sustainable relationships and levers customer insights to develop strategies and solutions to address unmet and/or evolving needs within the Oncology therapeutic area.
- Implements both short-term tactical plan as well as a strategic, long-term business oriented approach in key accounts
- AMs also work with relevant internal stakeholders to support access and sales growth
Account Understanding & Analysis
- Understand brand priorities and needs relative to each cccount and the healthcare environment.
- Understand the decision-making process to gain access for company Oncology products in the Accounts
- Identify customers & stakeholders; understand their perspective on our company, our competitors, the healthcare environment and their unmet and evolving needs within the therapeutic area
- Levers the above insights to identify collaborative opportunities within key accounts
Account Plan Development
- Develop a prioritized business plan to maximize the uptake of company products across the territory, including prioritized key account plans & tracking metrics; including short and long term opportunities
- Provide accurate, up to date local intelligence and feedback through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and as required to Management and local Area Teams to support company plans
- Identify how to leverage cross-functional internal resource to support accounts
Account Plan Implementation & Tracking
- Develop & maintain long-term engagements with customers and stakeholders within accounts
- Co-ordinate the efforts of relevant internal functions to support access to company’s Oncology Portfolio within key accounts
- Promotes company Oncology brands as required to key prescribers, decision makers, influencers, commissioners & providers across each account.
- Utilize approved resources to engage customers effectively and drive sales growth
- Engage customers as required to develop treatment and/or disease specific protocols and drive implementation of these protocols across the relevant territory/area
- Present and interpret health economic data to appropriate audiences to demonstrate cost effectiveness & value of
- products, using advocacy & marketing resources
- Allocate resources appropriately, track account performance indicators, and accurately record information as required.
- Adjust plans and activities as required
- Degree in Science or Business or other relevant subject/field
- 3+ years working in a customer facing role
- Knowledge of therapeutic area and NHS payor, procurement, local organisations and stakeholders in the area
- Previous success in gaining protocols/formularies/clinical guidelines for products in the hospital sector
- Understanding of company’s service & support offerings
- Strong understanding of key business planning principles, metrics and their application
Required Competencies & Behaviors
- Strategic Thinking: able to visualize the way forward, identifying opportunities that add value to the work, to the business and to our customers.
- Market Management: understands customer’s business climate; assess overall market potential; and identifies and prioritises opportunities which support the development of the territory business plan to achieve business results.
- Account Management:understands multiple interdependencies within an account; considers customer goals and needs; maximizes account performance and provide value-based offerings by building long term relationships through collaborative business planning processes and approaches.
- Collaboration & Working Across Boundaries: understands differing perspectives and works together to achieve common goals; bridging boundaries across teams for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Advanced Communication Skills: plans and delivers ideas and information to others in a clear and impactful manner.
- Advanced Customer Engagement: identifies and appropriately builds and maintains long term, sustainable relationships with customers, external stakeholders and key influencers through a variety of relationship-building approaches. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the customer’s evolving needs, and is able to effectively navigate the customer’s political, social and economic environment to drive long term sustainable results.
- Advanced Sales Acumen: builds trust with customers and demonstrates valin in the selling situations to deliver high quality engagements and interactions that deliver products and/or solutions with the common goals of improving health outcomes
- Product & Disease Knowledge:ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of therapeutic area, products and competitors; and is able to translate this knowledge into productive communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ethics & Integrity: adheres to the highest standards of trustworthy and ethical behavior in all interactions and holds others to the same standards; complies with all laws and regulations.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Job Segment: Oncology, Account Manager, Medical, Manager, Marketing Manager, Healthcare, Sales, Management, Marketing