- The Office Coordinator will be in charge of the smooth running of the US office.
- He/she will manage the main administrative activities of the US subsidiary and provide support to the CFO and other local Directors.
- Provide extensive support to CFO, SD Investor Relations, Medical Affairs Director and local staff:
- travel arrangements, upon authorization by management
- conferences & meetings organization
- calendar management
- documents filing and archiving
- travel expenses
- involvement in specific projects as needed
- Manage reception routine tasks:
- welcome visitors
- take incoming calls and forward them as appropriate
- manage incoming and outgoing post mail
- respond to general office requests from staff
- In charge of and contact person for General Services/Facilities related needs, incl. procurement and checking of invoices, liaising as needed with Facilities providers (building facility manager, maintenance external workers, cleaning services, conference call provider, …) as well as office supplies providers, and monitoring stock (kitchen supplies and stationary, posting services, express mail services, business cards, access badges, …).
- In charge of and contact person for IT related requests (ordering of hardware & software, incl. phone and phone services management, regular liaising with IT providers for set-up and maintenance) and checking of invoices.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-years’ experience in office management and support to Senior Management (C-level)
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Organized, rigorous and reliable.
- Dynamic, hands-on, can do-attitude, flexible, problem solver and autonomous.
- Ability to interface with various functions and level of seniority.
- Ability to multitask and manage requests according to priorities.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and common sense driven.
- Strong team player.
- Administrative degree, Commercial, professional college diploma or equivalent.
- Complete fluency in English.