Office 365 Platform Engineer/Coordinator Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the engineering, coordination of deployment and support of the O365 infrastructure and associated services. Additional responsibilities include problem management, new system deployments and upgrades of existing environment. Collaborate with other infrastructure areas to enhance the end to end service. Collaborate with peers and other IT and business areas to address problems and develop solutions to maintain a resilient worldwide service.
- Participate in team responsible for Engineering and design of Office 365 platform for company
- Collaborate with other infrastructure areas to enhance or implement new technologies.
- Collaborate with customers to support business application operational requirements.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), operational guidelines and leverage best practices.
- Troubleshoot performance problems and participate in capacity planning exercises.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Comply with change management process and adhere to corporate policies.
- Develop processes and procedures to maintain application service availability.
- Participate on problem analysis and resolution.
- Maintain direct and frequent interaction with all key stakeholders within IT.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in a service and/or solution delivery role, and a minimum of 5 years of experience managing service and/or solution delivery in a shared service environment
- Solid Understanding of Microsoft O365 Technologies and Microsoft process for communication of changes.
- Flexibility is required to interact globally across time zones
- Proven track record of delivering results with a high degree of client focus
- Ability to effectively communicate with various project stakeholders including, IT leadership, business customers, team members, and other IT colleagues.
- Strong collaboration, presentation and influencing skills
- Must be comfortable communicating with all levels in the organization
- Ability to work effectively with clients, vendors and technical staff at all levels.
- Requires knowledge of IT processes and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Solid understanding of service delivery and financial and budgeting activities within a shared services environment
- Experience with working with cross functional teams.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Eng., Dev. & Integration
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Branchburg
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Animal Health, Engineer, Change Management, Veterinary, Engineering, Management