OEM Account / Customer Service Support Associate - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- Assist Sales and Customer Service with all aspects of manufacturing, engineering, purchasing and quality control. This involvement allows sales and CSR to concentrate on other duties, mainly new projects/increased sales. With sales direction, communicate directly with customers. Takes on special projects as needed.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Coordinate disposition of returned goods.
- Assist engineering with design control processes and sign-offs.
- Review scheduling priorities with sales and manufacturing.
- Analyze manufacturing questions on products and process.
- Expedite documents (blue prints, sterilization data, bio-compatibility data, art work and sign-offs of MTF’s, Rework Authorizations, Destruct Authorizations, Deviations and Production Requests.)
- Oversee customer tours and audits.
- Attend weekly MRB Meetings with each Business Unit, which will assist with PIR tracking, and relay any pertinent information to OEM personnel.
- Meet with PIR Group weekly to obtain status of OEM’s PIRs and assist where possible.
- Attend weekly Change Control Meeting; research what products and which OEM and International customers affected by change; write and send customer notifications.
- Generate and expedite memos for additional technical information required by customers as a result of a change to the product they purchase or for possible new business.
- Initiate and present minor change/projects to the Change Control Board and work with assigned project leader through implementation.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Strong Communication skills, written and verbal.
- Understanding of products and manufacturing process.
- Understanding of B. Braun Document Control and Quality Assurance systems (ISO, GMP).
- Blueprint reading and knowledge of insert/inject molding and extrusion.
- Understanding of sterilization and testing/releasing systems.
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office programs and SAP/MRP operating systems.
- Good math skills.
- Very strong attention to detail while managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate and interact with both employees and customers.
- Must be organized and able to meet deadlines to obtain customer respect.
- Must schedule time effectively and have the ability to prioritize projects.
- Must be able to direct manufacturing employees on critical customer needs.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Four year college degree or equivalent related experience.
- Computer knowledge of manufacturing/scheduling systems.
- Understanding of manufacturing principles.
- 1 - 2 years of manufacturing experience.
- 2 years medical product knowledge.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
Special Projects as assigned
Driver’s license, daily business travel between B. Braun facilities.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.