Department Marketing Statement
Charles River is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 10,000 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services. At Charles River, we take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health. Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
At our world class facility in Elphinstone, Tranent (close to Edinburgh), our IT Department currently has an exciting career opportunity for a OCM Lead.
Responsible for assessing change management needs and implementing plans to ease the organisation through various global IT projects.
· Adhere to the IT change management methodology for projects.
· Recommend and implement tools and technologies to support change management initiatives.
· Reduce resistance and improve adoption related to change efforts through project support.
· Lead multiple OCM projects, including complex, global initiatives.
· Develop a change management strategy, incorporating necessary change and/or global impacts into core approach / methodology as appropriate for projects based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
· Provide change management activities to be incorporated into overall project plans.
· Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan.
· Proactively identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
· Identify change readiness gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
· Execute readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
· Identify change impact of processes and system by audience; develop, design, and execute organizational change management plans for each audience.
· Understand and translate the impact of complex process, organization, and technology changes into relevant change plans and meaningful messages for all stakeholders.
· Utilize communication channels with the key teams, stakeholders, and others (vendors, partners, etc.) to ensure successful implementation.
· Deliver key messaging with quality, consistency, and alignment to overall goals.
· Ensure execution of plans by working closely with the core project teams and associated business stakeholders.
· Deliver progress reports on organizational change management efforts for assigned project.
· Track, report and manage change management related issues for the project.
· Support creation of, and manage, measurement mechanisms to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of end users
· Provide feedback for continuous improvement of our existing IT communication processes.
· Perform all other related duties as assigned.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, organizational behavior, business administration or related discipline. MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred.
· Experience: Vast experience in IT and program / project management / Change Management for highly-complex and integrated applications and environments.
· Certification/Licensure: Project or Change Management certification preferred.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Why Charles River?
Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
Excellent career development & training opportunities.
Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day™, The Charles River Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
Free onsite car parking.
This information will be used by Charles River for the purpose of recruitment and selection only and the administration thereof. The personal information that you give us will also be used in a confidential manner to help us monitor our recruitment process. In the event you are recruited, your data will not be used other than in the normal course of business and the administration of your employment with us. We may check the information collected with third parties to ensure its accuracy and we may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent or detect crime or in other ways as permitted by law. By submitting this application form to us, we will be assuming that you agree to the processing of sensitive personal data in the manner described above.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 21 APRIL 2017
Note for Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Charles River Human Resources Department are currently managing this vacancy internally. Agency support will only be sought, if necessary, after the short-listing process has been completed.
In the meantime, Recruitment Agencies are respectfully requested not to contact the HR Team, although contact details may be sent (via e-mail only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.