Non-clinical Statistician Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Develops, coordinates, and provides statistical leadership and support for related drug/vaccine projects in Non-clinical Statistics.
- Interacts with Merck Research Laboratories analytical, formulation and process development groups, Regulatory, Statistical Programming, Data Management, and with various Merck Manufacturing Division functional areas in designing and analyzing scientific studies, and in coordinating other statistical activities for drug/vaccine projects.
- Independently balances activities for multiple projects.
- Represents Statistics function in cross-functional project teams; establishes collaborations /interactions with colleagues outside the department.
- Participates in professional societies, technical associations and national standards committees.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD or equivalent degree in statistics/biostatistics or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, or Masters with a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Solid knowledge of general statistical analysis methodologies and experimental design.
- Familiar with nonlinear regression, mixed models, variance component analysis, stability study design & analysis, (bio)assay validation and statistical programming (e.g., SAS, S-plus, R).
- Solid understanding of ICH, Regulatory and Pharmacopeia requirements as they pertain to CMC sections of INDs, BLAs, MAAs, NDAs or other similar regulatory submissions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to learn, be proactive and motivated, and consistently focus on details and execution.
- Good collaborative and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Publications in peer reviewed statistical/medical journals.
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical and biological developmental process.
- Basic understanding of chemistry, biology, virology and other related sciences.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Assoc Prin. Scientist, Biostatistics
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Clinic, Medical, Statistics, Developer, Law, Healthcare, Data, Technology, Legal