Non Clinical Drug Discovery Lead - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Non-Clinical Drug Discovery Lead (Expertise in Safety Biomarkers or Discovery Toxicology)
We’re looking for a capable and energetic leader with experience in discovery toxicology and/or safety biomarker development / implementation who will head up a small group of talented scientists. The ideal candidate will have 10 years plus experience in drug discovery/development with key experience in early safety in vitro toxicology and/or safety biomarker development. Experience in our key therapeutic areas, as well as large and small molecule development is desirable but not essential. Similarly, experience in managing a small group of scientists is desirable but not essential.
- Provide scientific, strategic & technical leadership for in vitro safety toxicology in order to identify, investigate and derisk mechanisms of toxicity and/or,
- Provide scientific, strategic & technical leadership in safety biomarkers to identify biomarkers of toxicity in preclinical species that will translate to man as well as provide a screening tool to derisk safety liabilities identified in pre-clinical toxicity studies.
- Lead and mentor a molecular toxicology laboratory to include 1 scientist, 1postdoc & 2 students.
- Develop in vitro mechanistic safety toxicology or biomarker studies for technology transfer and outsourcing to CROs.
- Participate as a Principal Investigator with conventional and state of the art techniques.
- Attend scientific congresses and publish abstracts and/or papers in reputable scientific journals.
- Establish internal and external collaborations in the field of investigative, mechanistic safety toxicology and/or safety biomarkers.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Develop appropriate collaboration with external partners, academic institutions, CROs and consultant toxicologists.
- Provide outstanding toxicology assessments of non-clinical safety studies or safety biomarker studies.
- Provide significant contributions to project teams as an investigative safety specialist / project representative to support the development of new innovative medicines.
- PhD or equivalent (MD, DVM, in Toxicology and/or Biomarkers).
- Minimum 10 years post-doc experience with experience in toxicology, in vitro toxicology and/or biomarkers.
- Strong knowledge in the field of toxicology with emphasis on in vitro systems and/or biomarkers supported by a proven publication record.
- Experience in NBEs and/or NCEs
- Experience and working knowledge in techniques appropriate to the role such as in silico models, in vitro models, in vivo models, qualitative and quantitative biomarker analysis.
- Prior experience in management (i.e. students, postdocs, scientists, laboratory support staff)
- Excellent planning and strategic skills to successfully drive laboratory-based activities.
Job Segment: Clinic, Genetics, Neurology, Toxicology, Immunology, Science, Healthcare