New Technologies Development Scientist - Belgium
- Design and plan experiment for gene expression characterization in yeast cells.
- Design and follow-up of microbial fermentation process experiments for the development of new manufacturing processes and the improvement of existing processes at lab and pilot scale, including all upstream and primary recovery activities as well as associated purification and analytical methods.
- Trend and analyse laboratory data and present results to line manager and at internal meetings as appropriate.
- Contribute to the transfer of new developments and Know-How to people in charge of production and quality control and other relevant departments during the commercialization of new Technologies
- PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related discipline.
- Outstanding technical background in one or several of the following fields:
- In-depth expertise in genome engineering and optimization of gene expression techniques for protein production in yeast/bacteria
- Gene expression profiling, transcriptomics analysis
- Transcription factor characterisation
- Bacteria and/or yeast fermentation (batch and fed-batch).
- Protein purification (chromatography, ultrafiltration, …).
- Quality control (ELISA, SDS-PAGE, western blot, mass spectrometry …).
- Good English proficiency (spoken and written).
- Proven ability to design and execute experiments and analyse complex data, evidenced by a good publication record in relevant journals.
- Flexibility to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and advance research independently as well as being part of highly collaborative teams is essential.
- A motivating job in a growing biotech company
- An opportunity to work in a young, enthusiastic and innovative team
- An attractive salary package