New Products and Portfolio Manager (m/f) - Austria
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD in Austria is looking for an innovative New Products and Portfolio Manager to create the foundation for commercial success of our new products, closely working with the regional Lead New Products, Global Clinical Trial Operations (GCTO) and Market Access.
Reporting to the Customer Solutions & Support Lead (responsible for Customer Solutions and Commercial Operations), you will identify growth potential throughout the product portfolio of MSD and the Austrian health care system and provide strategic consultancy and execute on the identified growth potential.
In your capacity as New Products and Portfolio Manager, you will closely collaborate and consult with the Leadership Team and work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholder.
Main accountabilities include but are not limited to:
* Subject matter expert for new products, i.e. pipeline assets and business development targets
* Prepare the foundation for commercial success and develop a marketing and access strategy for new products in close collaboration with the regional Lead for New Products, Market Access, GCTO, Regulatory Affairs, Policy, Medical Affairs and the Leadership Team
* Accountable for preparing launch plans and forecasts for future launches across therapeutic areas and for developing launch business cases to drive go-to-market model decisions around new products
* Ensure new product planning, marketing and sales forecasts and decisions are informed by objective criteria and robust assumptions based on analytics and market research, competitive intelligence, mid- and long term market dynamics and customer priorities
* Scientific Leadership management in respective therapeutic area and executional responsibility – in close collaboration with Medical Affairs – for pre-marketing activities, such as advisory boards to prepare points of differentiation and product positioning which will optimize future commercial success
* Report updates to selected internal stakeholders and support during Business Review preparations
* Analyze and identify unlocked potential within the product portfolio of MSD
* Provide strategic consultancy to the Customer Solution & Support Lead as well as the Managing Director
* Identify growth potentials within the Austrian health care system and execute on them
* Work with Customer Solutions & Support Lead on Business Development and Partnerships
* Ensure all duties – personal and of cross-functional team members – are performed in line with health care stakeholders’ expectations, company requirements and standards, ethical and social norms, and legal, compliance and regulatory conditions
* Master’s degree or equivalence through experience; PhD is preferred
* At least 4-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry; experience in consultancy is preferable; experience in multiple geographies is an asset
* Regarded as innovative, analytical, entrepreneurial expert and able to bring in marketing combined with commercial innovation
* Documented experience in Portfolio Management; experience in Medical Affairs or Market Access is desirable
* Thorough understanding of the healthcare system, disease management trends and its current and future business implication
* Prior experience in anticipating and predicting future brand and market environment changes
* Proven ability to work in a regulated and restricted environment and to develop in-depth knowledge of Austrian health care and industry trends
* Experience in Key Account management or from another field-based role is an asset
* Demonstrated successful Opinion Leader management
* Understanding of key business metrics and their application; strong analytical skills, proven ability to identify opportunities and capitalizes on them
* Demonstrated experience and skills in conducting performance and needs analysis and ability to summarize and communicate needs and recommendations to management at all levels verbally and in writing
* Proven experience of project management, effective organization and delegation with objectives and measurement systems
* Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities and to prioritize strategically and commercially
* Demonstrated ability to make informed, fact based decisions to help solve customer issues
* Result and solution oriented; drives results
* Strong Personal Leadership capabilities to work across hierarchies and functions
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; fostering team spirit and collaboration
* Demonstrate ability to work independently, effectively managing competing priorities
* Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
MSD offers an attractive salary, outstanding social benefits and an exciting work environment with varied tasks in an international environment. The minimum annual salary for this position is EUR 55.000 and varies according to the Qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
: Produktmanagement Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Marketing
Primärer Standort: EMEA-Österreich-9-Wien
Anzahl freie Stellen
Company Trade Name:MSD