New Product Introduction Lead, Senior Manager - Switzerland
- Our company is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets.
- The company identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics.
- Our company has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries.
- Accountable & responsible to develop and implement an efficient, robust and compliant end to end supply chain for new products, ensuring transition phase to routine operation.
- The NPIL is the key contact to coordinate global supply chain design and to execute launch activities with various stakeholders such as: GMO, RA, Manufacturing sites (and TPM), GQA, Affiliates, BD, etc.
- Proactively managed risks, scenarios planning and processes developed to guarantee an efficient, cost effective and sustainable supply chain.
- The NPIL is playing as key player in supply chain design and is able to challenge regulatory, commercial, manufacturing and affiliate requirements in order to come to a cost-efficient, lean and flexible supply chain.
- Support the design/develop and set up the supply chain for company’s new products by involving multi functional teams to establish and ensure the overall flows (physical, quality and financial).
- Act as PS representative in the developing, maintaining ‘Global Launch Strategy’. In order to plan requirements for API, bulk, finish product, packaging and inventory.
- Develops and recommends strategies to support a rapid launch and lean supply chain by proactively manage risk-based mitigation/improvement plans.
- Influences and monitors decisions on secondary packaging development and manages SKU rationalization within the product mix strategy as per commercial requirements and based on regulatory compliance while balancing cost
- Forms & leads launch teams to execute global launches plans per approval timelines – requires, ability to lead multiple teams and global launches simultaneously.
- Proactively works to understand and convert demand requirements into a feasible supply plan. Then, closely monitor first delivery to the launching markets and ensure follow up supplies until stability has been achieved – once there, hand over to routine operation.
- Lead & ensure end to end distribution strategy as per regulatory requirements, quality & trade compliance.
- Communicates effectively across disciplines and companies to keep management and key stakeholders informed.
- Participate and facilitate decisions during launch phase, which are not always dictated by guidelines, but comes due to the uniqueness of the product launch and the organizational/industry broad-based experience.
- Support PS representative to various committees to ensure Product Supply needs are been discussed and considered.
- Actively contributes to the further deployment and growth of the Supply Chain Processes department.Per organization needs, may act as line manager to direct reports.
Required Experience & Skills
- University degree in Business Administration/ Supply Chain/ Industrial engineering or equivalent technical.
- Min. 10 years’ experience pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, or similar industry is required.
- Experience in launching new products and leading multifunctional global teams is a must as well as the ability to manage complex supply chains and manage several projects in parallel within a matrix.
- Preferably experience in Manufacturing, Planning, Customer Service, Distribution, and/or Technical Service Support.
- Familiar with, master production scheduling, inventory management, supply chain management, scenario analysis, change control, risk management, pharmaceutical product development, pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, regulatory process, logistics, sales and operation planning.
- Excellent analytical skills and a process-oriented mindset are a must.
- Good communication skills in English are required.
- Proven to be able to manage by influence rather than by direct authority.Shows attention for detail without losing the high-level view.
- Proven skills in mediating a common ground for opposing viewpoints
- Proven record of delivering business results and assuring customer focus is maintained