This job is currently Archived,
New Product Development Chemist (R&I Research Scientist) Heanor United Kingdom,
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Our company is a leading supplier of composite materials, process consumables and tooling to industries such as high performance automotive, Formula 1, aerospace, rail, defense, renewable energy and marine. Within the composites business unit, we are driven by fast customer response, unmatched technical support, technology and innovation and unparalleled product quality, offering a dynamic culture of Delivering Innovation with real advantage .
- The Development Chemist will manage and develop new products, processes and technologies.
- He/she will maintain and improve company s competitiveness and expertise in the field of thermoset resin chemistry and Composites.
- The position reports to the R&D Manager.
- The position may have up to two direct reports.
The position will include:
- Planning : plan and undertake applied R&D and customer related support programmes.
- Innovation: exhibit an innovative approach to meeting project objectives, use new techniques and materials to develop novel products/process techniques.
- Know-how: keep abreast of developments and technologies outside company Composite Materials which may influence the business.
- Documentation: maintain accurate reports of all work carried out and suggest patent protection when required.
- Manage projects and project documentation to an externally audit able level.
- Health and Safety: work in a clean, tidy and safe manner, adhering to other company policies.
- Ensure all work areas are maintained to the highest possible standards.
- Good Hons degree in Chemistry, Polymer or material science. PhD or Msc in a relevant subject is an asset.
- Industrial experience preferably in a related industry, eg composites, adhesives, coatings, polymers
- Proven experience in managing projects and as a bonus managing people
- Acquired knowledge to include: :IP/Patents, familiarity with industry standards, COSHH
- Excellent communication skills, outgoing, positive, proactive and flexible
- Eager to travel as necessary to customers, suppliers, manufacturing sites and other R&I sites.
Heanor England United Kingdom
Find a Job Find Candidates