Network Analyst Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking a talented and energetic network analyst to support our large global network for Merck & Co., Inc. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work on complex problems locally, regionally, and globally and work with team members and customers across the globe. He/She will work closely with network engineering and various IT team members across multiple disciplines.
As part of our network operations team, the position requires a network analyst to install, maintain, replace, repair, and support a variety of networking device types and models as part of a fast-paced team. The candidate will work on projects both large and small and have accountability for their success. The candidate will at times be a technical lead for projects and oversee the work of team members working off shore as part of a managed service.
Travel will be required between sites within Eastern Pennsylvania and central New Jersey as needed. There may be a need to travel occasionally to other sites and IT hubs internationally.
- Associate degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, similarly technical major, - OR- or completion of advanced technical training program is required.
- 5 years’ operational experience managing Cisco switches, routers, and wireless controllers.
- A desire to learn new technologies
- Strong technical skills and focus to locate the root cause of complex problems
- Ability to work in high pressure dynamic environment.
- Ability to execute on objectives with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains high ethical standards of behavior in the execution of their duties.
- Industry recognized certifications such as CISSP, CCNA/CCNP/CCIE
- Solid understanding of network routing, switching, and protocols
- Experience supporting networks for a large company with 10,000 employees or more.
- Operational support of wireless 802.11 and mobile devices
- Experience with and working knowledge of DNS/DHCP
- Experience administrating load balancing appliances and VIP configurations
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP.
- The selected candidate will have excellent time management skills, be a self-starter, and able to set priorities according to business needs with minimal oversight.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Job Title:Spclst, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Branchburg
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Network, Cisco, Engineer, Information Systems, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering