Network Administrator, Senior Staff (Senior Network Engineer) - United States
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead implementation of our company’s network projects including project management as needed.
- Interact with internal customers and vendors to facilitate work processes.
- As assigned, contact outside vendors and coordinate installation, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Create and update documentation as needed for implementation and support purposes.
- Monitor and analyze company network traffic to recommend needed changes.
- Assist in major real estate moves for some locations.
- Provide L3 support for company’s global network via service desk tickets and interaction with other Global Infrastructure team members.
- Duties include weekly on-call rotation.
- Track SLAs and key performance indicators.
- Travel to satellite locations to provide service, if needed.
- Strong collaboration, communication, presentation, written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Must be self-motivated and driven and have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to succeed when working with competing priorities and uncertain objectives.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives at all levels.
- Required to respond to after-hours issues and must be available to travel up to 25%.
- 10+ years of operational hands-on experience with highly scalable and high availability architectures utilizing various network technologies.
- Must have implementation and operational experience with: enterprise/carrier class routers, switches and firewalls, i.e. Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, Nexus and Meraki.
- Must have experience in network security features (ACL, DMVPN, VPN, IPSEC, LSVPN) with a focus on Cisco, Juniper and Palo Alto.
- Strong experience and operational familiarity on BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, VTP, 802.1 (q,s,w) and other network routing, switching and wireless protocols.
- Able to handle multiple complex projects and incidents simultaneously.
- Minimum of CCNP Certification.
- Familiarity or have worked with networking tools such as Wireshark, Netflow, Solarwinds Orion (NPM and NCM).
- Experience working on large projects and participating in project scheduling and decision-making activities.
- IPv6, BGP, MPBGP, OSPF, OSPFv3, EIGRPv4/v6, TACACS+, RADIUS, ACS, Cisco Prime, LSVPN, Junos, Junos Automation Scripting(SLAX), Junos Pulse, Juniper Microfabric, RSA Security Keon Certificate Authority Services, PKI, 802.1x, 802.11abgn, 802.11ac, VLAN, Trunking, STP, PVST, NAT, TCP/IP, VPN, Voice/IP, Remote Access Services, Wireshark, Visio, MS Office, MS Project, Solarwinds, Opnet Application Response Expert, Gigamon, SDN, SD-WAN
- Hardware – Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, Globalprotect, Meraki, Panorama, Juniper Microfabric/Virtual Chassis Fabric, Juniper QFX Juniper SRX, Juniper 4500, 4200 Switches, Junos Space, Juniper MAG, F5 Viprion 2400, F5 LTM & GTM, Infoblox Riverbed Steelhead, Silver-Peak, Cisco Nexus 5K/2K, Cisco ISR/ASR Routers, Cisco PIX/FWSM/ASA Firewall, 10 & 40 G/s Ethernet, Cisco ACE, Cisco Content Engine, Cisco Content Smart Switches & CSM, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500,4500X, 3650, 2960, Cisco WAPs, Cisco WLC 5508, Cisco WLC 2504, Cisco CIP, Cisco Prime, Cisco ACS Appliance
- FDA Validation, HIPAA, SOX, PCI, ITIL
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable experience
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age