Needle Assembly Setup Operator - 2nd Shift - United States
- Needle Assembly Set-up Operators will be responsible for production on their designated lines as well as maintaining machine run-time and performing some mechanical repairs. They may be trained on any of the processes or lines in the department to help fill production needs, but will have an assigned focus area to build expertise.
- They may perform visual inspections as well as assembly or packaging operations.
- Will be responsible for achieving production rate and quality goals on assigned equipment.
- May require the use of 10x microscopes, calipers, and/or other miscellaneous gauges. May be required to perform SAP data entries.
- Perform changeovers and line clearances. Help maintain inventory of spare parts and prepare for upcoming work on the lines.
- Must be willing to troubleshoot machines and help identify methods to increase efficiency of the lines.
- Informal leader of their respective line and responsible for ensuring quality of the product they produce.
- Achieving established production goals
- Ensuring the quality of all product produced
- Performing quality checks as designated
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Perform changeovers and line clearances
- Ensure assigned equipment is maintained and in working order
- Processing SAP and MES transactions for department
- Assisting in the BDA process to identify root causes
- Perform duties in accordance with GMP principles
- Maintain compliance with all required document training
- Operate safely each day including usage of proper PPE Other duties as assigned
- Operate lines in a safe and efficient manner
- Submit at least the minimum number of required Kaizens annually
- Drive department results by reducing downtime and completing tasks in an efficient manner
- Maximize efficient time usage in the department
- Continuous learning of the processes and mechanics of the lines
- None required; Prefer a working knowledge of machines and troubleshooting
- Basic or Simple KSA
- Proficient / Working KS
- Advanced or Specialized KSA
- Problem solving/decision making
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Regular, punctual attendance required
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Defined PCP level: 3