Necropsy Rapid Response Technician - United States
Traveling technician that independently performs basic necropsy laboratory procedures. Will travel with minimal notice. Assist with specialized necropsy procedures. Review data for quality and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review laboratory documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and study specific requirements.
- Travels to other Charles River sites to perform Necropsy as scheduled.
- Independently perform basic necropsy procedures (dissection, tissue collection and sample collection, etc.) per hosting sites SOP’s.
- Assist with and perform specialized necropsy procedures (collection of tissues for special procedures, perfusion fixation, fetal evaluation, specialized dissection, neurodisection, photography, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of responses, deviations and other documentation resulting from internal and external reviews and/or audits.
- Assist in training of staff junior to this level.
- May cross-train in other areas of pathology and/or other laboratory departments (flow cytometry, clinical pathology, special pathology, bioanalytical, reproductive toxicology, etc.).
- May assist with and perform basic histology procedures (trimming, processing, embedding, microtomy, staining, and cover slipping).
- Ability to track expenses and generate accurate expense reports.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a biological science preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of pathology laboratory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Experience with computer software programs is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet