Necropsy Rapid Response Technician - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Traveling technician that independently performs basic necropsy laboratory procedures. Will travel with minimal notice. Assist with specialized necropsy procedures. Review data for quality and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review laboratory documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and study specific requirements.
- Travels to other Charles River sites to perform Necropsy as scheduled.
- Independently perform basic necropsy procedures (dissection, tissue collection and sample collection, etc.) per hosting sites SOP’s.
- Assist with and perform specialized necropsy procedures (collection of tissues for special procedures, perfusion fixation, fetal evaluation, specialized dissection, neurodisection, photography, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of responses, deviations and other documentation resulting from internal and external reviews and/or audits.
- Assist in training of staff junior to this level.
- May cross-train in other areas of pathology and/or other laboratory departments (flow cytometry, clinical pathology, special pathology, bioanalytical, reproductive toxicology, etc.).
- May assist with and perform basic histology procedures (trimming, processing, embedding, microtomy, staining, and cover slipping).
- Ability to track expenses and generate accurate expense reports.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a biological science preferred.
- Experience: 1 year of pathology laboratory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Experience with computer software programs is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet