This job is currently Archived,
National Sr Manager/Manager, Health Economics & Market Access - Italy
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- The main purpose of the position is to support company marketed products as well as future disease indications at a local level as the national expert in providing strategic knowledge about the national market access landscape as well as in monitoring the changes in market access policies and legislation's.
- The main goal is to gain and maintain local optimal market access / pricing and reimbursement (P&R) conditions for our portfolio of products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the country General Manager to define the national negotiation strategy in line with regional and corporate guidelines.
- Engage as much as possible with local payers and local health authorities and attend negotiations as needed.
- Provide regular update on all the hematology-oncology P&R advances/news in the country.
- Support strategic access planning for P&R submissions and economic model adaptations for pipeline products.
- Develop and deliver solid and relevant Health Economics (HE) value arguments and tools for inline and pipeline products, including budget impact and cost-effectiveness models
- Plan and execute local evidence generation.
- Develop P&R submissions/renewals that are aligned with global MA strategy
- Provide inputs into the development and support of the brand value concept and develop the appropriate tools for the delivery of the brand value messages to payers, clinicians and pharmacists and other stakeholders.
- Ensure and manage national stakeholders mapping.
- Market research and provide regular updates on the competitors’ landscape for company's core disease areas.
- Liaise internally with global and regional market access functions as necessary.
- Contribute positively to a strong culture of business integrity and ethics.
- Act within compliance and legal requirements as well as within company guidelines.
- Postgraduate level (master or higher) training in economics or an analytical commercial discipline.
- At least 5-year experience in the national market in health economics and reimbursement in the areas of oncology, hematology or other complex treatments.
- Successful experience in the launch of new products.
- Preferably, prior experience in achieving positive HTA outcomes and/or experience in direct negotiation with local health authorities, reimbursement agencies, hospital administrators and health care insurance companies.
- In-depth understanding of payers and their perspective in the local market as well as trends in Pricing & Reimbursement.
- Have strong influencing/negotiation skills and able to work at peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in other departments.
- Have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
- Display excellent business English skills, with first-rate communication abilities in the local language.