National Neurology Business Manager, UK/Ireland - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||National Neurology Business Manager, UK/Ireland|
|Job Description||To develop, lead, and manage the field based market access team (Neurology Business Managers) who have responsibility for:|
• Influencing payor customers with national / regional responsibility in order to secure appropriate recommendations & positioning of Biogen products in national / regional guidelines
• Ensuring that appropriate budget allocation and formulary inclusion for Biogen products at a local level
o Removing any market access barriers to Biogen products. This could include distribution issues or lack of service capacity
o Optimising services to allow patients to have access to high quality service in order to improve patient outcomes
• To identify, and make recommendations to the Biogen management teams, on current and future opportunities / challenges caused by changes healthcare environment
• To develop the strategy for UK field based market access. To make recommendations and work with marketing teams on the development of materials to support the implementation of the strategy
• Play an active part the development and implementation of Biogen cross functional strategic / tactical plans and company culture at a local, national, regional and global level as required. This will involve participation in functional and cross functional meetings
• To build and develop own network of payor customers with national & regional influence
• They will have both promotional and non-promotional elements to their role. They will need to be compliant with the ABPI as well as Biogen policies, SOPs and procedures
Leadership, performance management and development of the Neurology Business Manager (NBM) team. The National Neurology Business Manager will need to develop & communicate the strategy, set clear goals and ensure implementation at territory and account level. They will need to do this via written communication, leading syndicate sessions at cycle meetings, as well as face to face meetings. They will need to recognize and share best practice, creating an inspiring place to work in-line with the Biogen culture and policies. They will need to identify and manage under performance. A major part of the role is coaching the NBM team via field visits (separate from tactical support); ensure each NBM has a personal development plan and conducting performance reviews. They may be required to deliver training to the NBM team and wider organization. They will identify & retain top talent and develop a team-orientated culture
The field based market access function at Biogen is responsible for:
o Achieving appropriate funding levels and positioning in formularies / protocols for assigned products. The National Market Access Manager will therefore be required to be fully up to date at all times on NHS budgeting and the financial linkages existing in the market place. They will need to ensure that the NBMs set up and participate in an appropriate level of meeting activity with clinicians and payers to secure the required clinical approval and budgetary funding for the company’s products. This may include Advanced Budgetary Notification of new products or product changes, strictly in accordance with ABPI Code of Practice
o Supporting successful patient outcomes. The National Market Access Manager will need to ensure that the NBM identify and have the skills to address capacity issues and inefficient or inappropriate patient pathways that hinder optimal treatment of patients.
o Account Plan Development. The National Market Access Manager will ensure that the NBM team contribute to the development of the cross functional territory and account plans. They will regularly review progress against objectives & target. They will represent the Field leadership Team at synergy meetings and attend account reviews. They will ensure that the NBMs have their clear objectives for each account
Market Strategy Development. The National Market Access Manager will need to develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of the national NHS environment, to identify brand specific opportunities at national level & regional level. They will be required to provide environmental insights and strategic leadership to cross functional teams and well as the NBMs. They will therefore need to take an active part in cross functional meetings.
The National Market Access Manager will be responsible for developing & implementation of the field based market access strategy, to ensure the availability of Biogen products in the UK, monitoring performance and reporting on progress on a regular basis. They will provide feedback on proposed Biogen responses, product strategy and tactics to best support implementation. They will develop effective customer insights through the interpretation and analysis of complex data, local knowledge and business objectives.
Positively influencing national healthcare environment. The National Market Access Manager will identify customers with a national influence on NHS policy. In conjunction with other members of the market access team they will be responsible developing and implementation of a stakeholder management plan. They will be responsible for organizing meetings with both healthcare professionals and commissioning customers to successfully develop business relationships in accordance with the Biogen strategy, the ABPI code of practice and other applicable internal & external regulations, policies and codes. The National Market Access Manager plays an active part in influencing the healthcare environment and commissioning policies to the benefit of patients & Biogen. This could include the positioning of Biogen medicines in guidelines or broader healthcare policy using Biogen corporate messaging
Leveraging and Coordinating Resources. Continuously monitors and recommends the best use of Biogen resources in order to achieve company objectives, using the resources available in a smart and impactful way. Digs beneath surface and seeks resources that address the core of an issue. Seeks alignment with cross functional teams to advance programs and initiatives that will help with implementation of the plan. Identifies and makes recommendations to the Biogen leadership team on the development of new resources that would give Biogen a competitive advantage with external customers. They will need to manage allocated budgets and identify / develop tools to help implementation of the plan
Maintaining Best in Class Knowledge / Skills. The National Market Access Manager will need participate in training programs in order to maintain their environmental, company and product knowledge as well as their leadership, coaching and business skills. They will need to take responsibility for the personal development and as well as encouraging continuous improvement within the NBM team.
Conducting Administration Follow. The National Market Access Manager will need to keep timely documentation (e.g. expense reports, compliance related, CRM system) in line with company requirements. They will ensure that the NBM also meet the set administration standards and those they are utilizing best practice in terms of call planning and recording. They will need to audit call reports and meetings as required as well as taking responsibility for approving expenses and other administrative tasks as required.
|Job Category||Commercial Operations, Market Access|
• 5-10 successful years of pharmaceutical / health care sales preferably in specialty sales OR 2 years in specialty sales + career in relevant NHS role
• 2 years prior management experience
• Field based market access experience
• Ability to motivate, lead and manage others
• Command of scientific and technical information.
• A comprehensive understanding and up to date knowledge of NHS policy and structure at both national and local level.
• Work independently whilst collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Proactively address emerging problems whilst working remotely to collaborate with internal partners and colleagues
• Build productive relationships with senior external stakeholders
• Analytical ability
• Professional presence
• Very good verbal and written communication skills.
• Thrives on autonomy with ability to organise, prioritise and manage own workload with minimal supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key customers, coworkers, managers and other day to day business contacts.
• MS Office skills
• Ability to plan and organise owned responsibilities
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and ABPI Code of Practice
• Substantial experience of developing and implementing business plans
• Knowledge and experience of product launch activities
• Drive and desire for success
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or related field
• Professional certification (ABPI)
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical Sales, Pharmaceutical, Biology, Business Manager, Science, Sales, Management