National Account Manager: Payer/Patient Access NorthEast
The individual will report to the Director, Payer/Patient Access and will be responsible for managing all segments of the market access business within their assigned geographic region. This person will work directly with Market Access colleagues and Sales counterparts as the single point of contact. The ultimate goal of the position is to minimize Jakafi® access barriers and promote/implement various programs and services to supplement the field sales force and management efforts.
Responsibilities (as outlined below) include National and Regional Payer coverage, Medicaid, PBM’s, Pathway Companies, lead for State Oncology Societies, reimbursement/payer support in Provider offices as issues arise. NAM will also interact with other personnel within the Market Access team and ultimately be responsible for implementation of tactical plan developed by the market access leadership team. In addition, these positions will provide critical competitive intelligence within the market access marketplace to the Director, Payer/Patient Access. NAM’s will provide updates, direction, and input to Incyte leadership team and assist in the development of the overall market access strategic plan for Jakafi®.
- The National Account Manager will be responsible for education, communication and coordination with all segments of the business within their geographies and operate as “single point of contact” for their respective Regional Sales Manager and their Sales teams. NAMs will communicate on the following: National/Regional Commercial Payers, PBM’s, Medicaid, IncyteCARES, Oncology State Societies, clinical pathway organizations, Payer owned specialty pharmacies, product distribution updates, and state government affairs.
- Primary responsibility at launch of new indications/products will be to focus on payer education and the reimbursement program/patient support services for Jakafi® and assist with accounts that have denied claims to minimize access barriers and instill reimbursement confidence within the marketplace to support Jakafi® and new indications
- Responsible and accountable for the successful implementation within their geographies for the implementation of the strategic and tactical plan for Market Access team and execute in conjunction with product strategy specific marketing programs and services while establishing critical relationships with key stakeholders within their geography: (including: key external experts, health plan medical and pharmacy directors, state Medicaid directors, and leadership within state societies)
- Establish strong customer management skills and relationships for assigned accounts
- Establish and maintain access for Jakafi® and other Incyte products with payers
- Identify, develop and execute business opportunities by focusing on appropriate positioning and messaging of Incyte products within targeted customer segments.
- Develop solutions for the field force and access team with any account-specific product access or reimbursement problems or issues
- Identify, resolve and communicate dispensing and/or product access issues or trends to the impacted region(s) and access team
- Research and interpret Medicare Part D and commercial payer coverage policies for Jakafi® and other Company products
- Educate Incyte Sales teams and Regional Sales Directors on payer coverage policies for Incyte products
- Proactively identify potential marketplace trends/barriers within respective geographies regarding Jakafi® and reactively respond to any identified reimbursement, coverage issues and market access challenges for Jakafi® and future products within their geographies
- Provide marketplace surveillance on Jakafi® access issues and monitor competitive landscape updates and analysis to leadership team
- Other Duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, oncology experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in any of the market access segments of the business: reimbursement, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, & distribution
- Reimbursement manager experience in the past strongly preferred
- Additional experience of Regional Account Management a plus