National Account Manager – AHI/Patterson - Food Animal (Greeley, CO) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The primary responsibilities of the National Account Manager are sales and relationship management from the executive offices down through the Producer level management. This includes developing, negotiating, managing, and growing long-term relationships and sales opportunities for Merck Animal Health products and services across the food animal line of business. These responsibilities may be carried out in partnership with other Merck Animal Health colleagues who have territory specific responsibility. This position requires a broad knowledge of the animal health food animal industry and the account management process.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage new and existing Merck Animal Health food animal product portfolio and provide on-site sales and technical support within assigned distributor organizations.
- Implementation of Key Account Management (KAM) principals. Creation of key account plans that identify threats and opportunities.
- Execute key strategies and tactics required to accelerate sales within assigned accounts utilizing all available resources.
- Coordinate all activities in support of the distributor. This includes communicating in detail and frequently with appropriate Merck Leadership, Technical Services, Regional Sales Management, Territory Management and Global Commercial Operations (as needed) regarding needs and activities planned to meet the needs of the distributor both as a whole and at regional distribution sites.
- Gather and clearly communicate market intelligence to food animal management and marketing colleagues.
- Develop and maintain strong executive suite relationships within assigned accounts by presenting MAH food animal product/services information and business solutions to executive level and mid-level account leadership to support their business needs.
- Develop proposals, negotiate terms and conditions, and implement contractual agreements with accountability for delivering strong financial results for MAH.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews ensuring that accounts understand the value of the MAH relationship and their performance relative to quarterly, semiannual and annual growth expectations.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree (Agriculture related discipline preferred).
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of sales, marketing and/or animal health industry experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years account management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of food animal production within US animal health industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work within US animal health business landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to build business relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an accurate key account plan.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrix organization and effectively pull through the business.
- Demonstrated ability to implement the core strategic marketing plan.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong understanding of financial and business metrics.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- History of sound decision making and innovative thinking.
- Ability to balance the needs of Merck Animal Health with customer needs.
- Must be results oriented and able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Superior organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Regular overnight travel required.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Account Management Generic MAH
Job Title:Sr. Acct. Mgr, Account Management MAH
Primary Location: NA-US-CO-Fort Collins
Other Locations: NA-US-Colorado
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Fort Collins
Nearest Secondary Market: Loveland
Job Segment: Account Manager, Food Service, Marketing Manager, Relationship Manager, Sales, Hospitality, Marketing, Customer Service