National Account Manager E-Commerce/Retail - Merck Animal Health (U.S. Field-based) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The primary focus of the National Account Manager – E-Commerce is to maximize the full revenue potential of the MAH consumer branded products with online/catalog purchasing organizations such as Pet Meds Express, Pet Meds 360, Foster and Smith, Valley Vet including developing, negotiating, managing, and growing long-term relationships and sales opportunities across their entire lines of business. This individual must have a broad knowledge of the animal health industry and the account management process.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage new and existing Merck Animal Health product portfolio with online/catalog purchasing organizations as assigned.
- Identify opportunities and implement effective business strategies required to accelerate sales within assigned accounts.
- Coordinate activities in support of the online/catalog retail channel including attaining sales targets, facilitating the MAH marketing plan and communicating with key stakeholders, including Marketing, Operations, Field Sales and Supply Chain.
- Clearly communicate account activities to sales and marketing leadership by sending monthly communications on key activities.
- Develop and maintain strong executive relationships with assigned accounts by presenting MAH product/services information and business solutions to Executive Level and mid-level account leadership to support their business needs.
- Develops proposals, negotiate terms and conditions, and implement contractual agreements with accountability for delivering strong financial results for MAH.
- Develop a deep understanding of account needs and communicate information to MAH Sales and Marketing leadership.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews ensuring that accounts understand the value of the MAH relationship and their performance relative to quarterly, semiannual and annual growth expectations.
- Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies within assigned accounts and communicate strategies to MAH Sales and Marketing leadership.
This role is national in scope – the selected candidate should reside near a major US airport to fulfill travel requirements as needed for the role.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of sales, marketing and/or e-Commerce industry experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years account management experience.
- Current knowledge of animal health e-Commerce (online/catalog) distribution landscape.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all species, coordinating activities, leveraging resources and knowledge of accounts to identify opportunities/solutions to resolve customer issues and drive results. May act as a mentor to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate networks and relationships across functions and other organizational boundaries with internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of positions’ contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes, identifying emerging needs and participating in defining innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Exhibits expert skills in identifying unmet and evolving needs of customers and is sought out to provide customer centric solutions that drive long term sustainable results.
- Demonstrates expertise in building partnerships and sustainable relationships with customers leveraging business insights to drive solutions and strategies throughout the customers’ organizations.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and managing a range of accounts to drive execution and follow through for all account tiers including large, complex accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an accurate business plan.
- Demonstrated ability to implement the strategic marketing plan.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong understanding of financial and business metrics.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills.
- History of sound decision making and innovative thinking.
- Must be results oriented and able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Superior organizational, analytical and time management skills.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Account Management Generic MAH
Job Title:Sr. Acct. Mgr, Account Management MAH
Primary Location: NA-US-KS-DeSoto
Other Locations: NA-United States
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Account Manager, Medical, Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Sales, Healthcare, Retail, Management, Operations