Multiple PhD and postdoc positions in Human-Computer Interaction Leuven Belgium,
KU Leuven (company)
We have three open position (fully funded) on HCI aspects of recommender systems and data visualisation. We welcome applications of both postdocs and PhD candidates.
The focus of the research for these positions is on user interfaces for recommender systems that suggest items that match user preferences. The overall objective is to research the use of visualisation techniques to give end-users insight into the rationale of recommender systems to increase trust in recommendations. In addition, we are researching how we can use visualization techniques to enable end-users to help steer the recommendation process by providing feedback and additional input.
We expect from applicants:
- an excellent Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- a very good background and interest in human computer interaction research
- strong programming skills and the ability to do independent research
- strong commitment and the ability to work in a team
- a high level of proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
Funding is available immediately. The research will be carried out at the Department of Computer Science of KU Leuven.
More information about the financial compensation can be found online at http://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/en/phd-info
Find a Job Find Candidates