Multi-cloud Storage Middleware - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 13 May 2017
The age of dominance of a single database technology in the data tier of an application is behind us, and different storage resources (both relational and non-relational, both on-premise and cloud storage offerings) are increasingly being combined in practice. We currently focus on a number of related research challenges, including:
- Application-level storage policies and customization thereof (e.g. per-tenant),
- Monitoring dynamic properties of multi-cloud storage architecture,
- Dynamic (re-)deployment, and other run-time tactics,
- Online database (micro-)benchmarking, prediction-based solutions, blackbox monitoring of individual storage nodes,
- Data modeling for different storage technologies (e.g. NoSQL),
- Systematic support for externalizing this complexity from the application (reusable, configurable middleware).
If you share our strong interest in storage technology and middleware for distributed systems, and if you have
- a master in computer science (or equivalent),
- an analytical mind and technically skilled,
- optionally some industry experience,
- and fluent English communication skills,
- then you might be the researcher we are looking for.
- a supportive and collaborative team in which you can develop know-how and expertise in state-of-the-art technologies,
- the opportunity to build up research and innovation skills that are essential for a future career in industrial as well as academic research and development environments,
- support in the further development of your competences to analyze strategic research problems and to architect and evaluate innovative solutions with industrial applicability,
- an international and multicultural working environment at the Campus.
- This position is open for junior and senior researchers, including Project Collaborators, PhD students and Post-docs.
- This research position can definitely lead to a PhD trajectory in computer science, but this is not a mandatory track for candidates interested to apply for this position.