Monitoring neurodegeneration in the eye, the visible part of the brain - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The post-doctoral researcher will have the opportunity to shape and lead a multidisciplinary research line focusing on the characterization of transgenic rodent models for optic neuropathies and neurodegenerative diseases,meanwhile supervising junior PhD students working on similar/complementary pojects (ongoing projects focus on glaucoma, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, Wolfram syndrome).
- He/she should have a special interest in multimodallongitudinal invivo follow-up of disease progression andthe development of anintegrated workflow for in vivo examination of retinalneurodegeneration, inflammation and cellular stress, electrophysiological function, and behavioral read-outs ofvisual function.
- Using this multidisciplinary approach, in which several potential biomarkers are combined indiagnostic and prognostic models, he/she will contribute to the search for novel therapeutic approaches to halt or retard neurodegenerationin the human eye and brain.
- You have a PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Bio-engineering, Biophysics, Biomedical Sciences or equivalent and a proven and successful track record
- You are passionate and motivated to work on ambitious projects in an open, dynamic and scientifically advanced team
- You have a strong interest in neurobiology– ophthalmology
- You have good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology is required
- Basic knowledge of ex vivo/in vitro cell cultures is required
- Experience with in vivo experiments inrodents is required
- Hands-on experience with retinal imaging and/orERG analyses is an asset
- Hands-on experience with image analysissoftware (programming) is an asset
- Hands-on experience with proteomicsanalyses is an asset
- An exciting working environment where quality, professionalism and humancontacts are paramount
- The ability to work on scientifically state-of-the-art projects and provide a meaningful contribution to the development of novel biomarkers and therapeutic treatments for neurodegenerative diseases.