This job is currently Archived,
Molecular Technologist - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 June 2017
Process customer samples in the microbiology laboratory utilizing the various technology platforms including but not limited to bacterial 16S rDNA and fungal ITS2 sequencing, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and ribotyping. Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and GMP compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct accurate processing of customer samples in accordance with current SOPs.
- Receive, unpack, log, and subculture customer samples according to current SOPs.
- Aliquot and prepare reagents.
- Perform test streaks for isolation, PCR, sequencing of customer samples and other laboratory processes including but not limited to mass spectrometry and ribotyping.
- Perform continual maintenance, repair and cleaning of all laboratory equipment.
- Perform pipette verification.
- Operate and maintain laser cutter.
- Provide backup for all laboratory functions when needed.
- Dispose of microbe cultures, chemicals and glass in proper waste containers.
- Collaborate with technical support to resolve discrepancies with customer samples.
- Comply with all aspects of laboratory safety, safety stations, safety manuals, safety SOP, and MSDS sheets.
- Suggest process improvements.
- Perform or support special projects in the lab when needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. /B.S.) in Microbiology or related discipline required.
- Experience: 0-3 years related experience in a laboratory setting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must have working knowledge of the Quality System and Laboratory Information System.
- Must have ability to work in a fast paced and team oriented work environment. Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet