This job is currently Archived,
Molecular Sales Specialist Tucker United States,
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Within the assigned territory, the Molecular Sales Specialist (MSS) calls on large hospitals and laboratories as defined by Sales Management.
- The MSS is responsible for identifying and closing new business, with a focus on complex capital equipment sales.
- The MSS is responsible for three product categories: (1) MAX, (2) Viper/Viper LT and (3) Affirm.
- Additionally, the MSS is responsible growing the Viper business through upgrades and competitive placements.
- Affirm growth will be achieved through new placements and protecting the base Affirm business.
- They are expected to achieve the financial objectives of the assigned territory, as well as, assist the region in achieving its overall sales goals by effectively implementing BD Diagnostic Systems sales and marketing strategies.
- The MSS role will partner with the assigned Diagnostic Account Executive (DAE) to fully develop and implement regional and strategic account sales plan(s) involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the hospital/laboratory adoption of assigned product portfolio.
- Develops and implements regional and strategic account sales plan to grow the focused product business, while coordinating efforts with the Diagnostic Account Executive (DAE) and Regional Business Managers (RBM) to fully utilize the entire BD selling team consisting of DAE, Strategic Account Group, Women s Health Specialist (WHS), Cytology Sales Specialist (CSS), Manual Microbiology Specialist (MMS), and Molecular Application Specialist.
- This role is responsible for sales, sales forecasting, marketing feedback, best practices development, ongoing training and development, reference site development, and customer satisfaction relative to sales activities.
- Ability to communicate BD s long term strategic direction to the customer and demonstrate the value proposition of the Diagnostic product portfolio to be consistent with the needs of the customer.
- Ability to learn and become competent in molecular applications and serve as a molecular technical expert, capital equipment expert and to drive sales of BD s complete molecular portfolio.
- Works closely with the Local Account Teams in the region to identify and close new accounts, attain or exceed the overall sales plan for the designated platform of products within the MLS territory.
- Develops and implements a regional and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the hospital / laboratory adoption of designated products and platforms.
- Calls on prospective customers, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information and demonstrations, and prepare economic models / proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing plans, including customer profiling, targeting and call schedules, to ensure achievement of all sales objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with all BD personnel as a member of the local account team to achieve regional objectives through the communication of successful tactics and recommendations for continuous improvements in procedures, strategies, and specific processes.
- Works with key support staff, such as the Molecular Applications Specialist (MAS) and other technical support team members, to develop and implement key account evaluation plans and to update colleagues on a regular basis.
- Generates leads and sales by participating in state, regional, and national meetings as directed by Sales Management.
- Participates on cross-functional product launch teams.0 Work closely with the other DS sales team members and Marketing Product Managers to gather best practice and centers of excellence data.
- Actively participates in all training sessions and demonstrate proficiency by testing or other means as assigned at session completion.
- Manages administrative duties as assigned: monitoring expenses to budget (free goods / samples), timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions, as applicable, and all consistent with BD Company policy.
Minimum qualifications include:
- BA/BS required; Life Sciences or Biological areas preferred.
- 3+ years documented medical or capital sales experience required; 5+ years preferred.
- Previous experience with (capital equipment/molecular diagnostics and/or IHC products in the medical marketplace) involving complex selling situations highly preferred.
- Proven track record in developing new capital equipment business on a yearly basis.
- Must be self-motivated to succeed and have a mastery of the complex sales process.
- Computer proficiency is required, including skills with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of current U.S. healthcare trends that can be integrated into region sales strategies.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, territory management, account assessment and relationship development skills.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking abilities with financial orientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget, and expense management.
- Ability to adapt to changing markets and or territory conditions while maintaining all objectives and/or goals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and strategically to achieve individual and corporate goals.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as purchase agreements, financial reports, professional journals, package inserts, technical procedures, and government regulations
Find a Job Find Candidates